• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Vs. Dedede

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I seem to always have trouble with this matchup. The penguin has range, power, and multijumps while Meta has quick combos, range, and many aerial recovery. Still, I always seem to lose to him.

The thing is that when he shields (which it's pretty good), it blocks off all attempt to a drill rush and a tornado and then punishes me with a grab (which it's also a problem). Not to mention his range and power can put me at a distance as well.

Plz helps me ><;;

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I think most would agree that it's hard to say 'how to beat another character' because mind games and how someone else plays that character factor in huge. However, for starters; I would suggest using a lot of SH FAir to apply pressure. Short hop forward, use forward air immediately as you jump, and during the move hold away so you move back out. Personally, I also find his large size making my Shuttleloop attacks more accurate. Any particular setups/situations you feel you keep losing to?

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
can we stop with the how do i beat_____ threads .....theres waaaay to many of them takeing up space , a couple other people have noticed this and we are trying to make one good place for people like this to ask questions....until then hold up on makeing treads like this and ask for help in timmys guid...thank yoo .....

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
I am used to listening to this question only the other way around. I man dedede and I read allot of his threads and in most of them people are asking how to beat MK. So here is a couple of things that I heard that people are having hard times with MK players. Allot of dedede players have trouble with MK utilt into a uair barage finishing with fair. Other than that they are complaining about MK's speed and the spammers.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
If the tornado is getting shielded, just move it out of grab range before it ends. If you're on the ground it has very little lag, so you won't be in much danger (you could eat an ftilt, basically).

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
wow, rockin you have trouble against dedede? we play meta very differently so maybe my style works agaisnt him better :D lmao. i have absolutely no trouble in this matchup at all.. i just keep pressuring him so i can rack up enough damage to finally kill.
i find most dedede's predictable so it's easy to dodge his strong attacks... just keep grabbing and comboing the hell out of him and never back down from him is all i do.. i find d3 an easy meta matchup though really lol

what's ur sn?

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
use tornado. try to wait for him to stop if you must too, your attacks will be faster so he couldnt get you that easily. I recommend using up shuttle loop if he is above your head after mach tornado btw

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Dakoshie Yukazami ddd is extremly easy.....just spam match tornado and he will take major damage

This is bad advice.... just use your superior speed and priority to put alot of dmg on

Top Bottom