• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight secondaries and is it for me?

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
I main Marth and Mario but I've wondered if Meta Knight would help against Fox and others. I need to know if Meta Knight would have any uncovered matchups if I picked him up. My only secondary so far is Bowser.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
With Marth and mario, you should be able to beat fox players. Just learn the chain grabs and that's half the battle.

Besides fox, what else gives you trouble?

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Meta Knight has a decent Fox matchup, but it might be personal choice to play that matchup rather with Marth or Mario. If you want to counter Fox, Mewtwo is probably your best choice right now. MK doesn't really have a matchup where he needs a secondary, but other top and high tiers can be difficult, especially Mario and Pit. If you invest your time on learning the harder matchups more detailed that should be much more efficient than learning an entire new character.

I for my part only play secondaries because I enjoy it, not because I need them for certain matchups :)

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
With Marth and mario, you should be able to beat fox players. Just learn the chain grabs and that's half the battle.

Besides fox, what else gives you trouble?
Other Marths, Wario, and Ike are hard. I thought that a fast combo character like Meta Knight, Sheik or Squirtle to counter them but I'm not sure which one and even whether it is one of those. But I also want to know what is Fox's bad MU aside from maybe Mewtwo.

Well since this thread still has to be Meta Knight related, what type of character is Meta Knight and who is it for?

Ahenobarbus

Smash Cadet
Well since this thread still has to be Meta Knight related, what type of character is Meta Knight and who is it for?
IMO to put it simply, MK is a more aggressive, faster Marth with an amazing recovery and tech chase game. The way I describe him to Melee friends: Marth's disjoint/ juggling with slightly less range, Sheik's tech chases with more available mixups (and therefore less guarantees), and Fox's dash speed with way better recovery than any of them. It's obviously more nuanced than that, but that's the short of it. Also down b.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
IMO to put it simply, MK is a more aggressive, faster Marth with an amazing recovery and tech chase game. The way I describe him to Melee friends: Marth's disjoint/ juggling with slightly less range, Sheik's tech chases with more available mixups (and therefore less guarantees), and Fox's dash speed with way better recovery than any of them. It's obviously more nuanced than that, but that's the short of it. Also down b.
Now that I'm an expierienced MK player, I can say that MK doesn't neccesarily have the best recovery like a Pit and Samus, he just has a lot of options with their own pros and cons and different movement.

Ahenobarbus

Smash Cadet
Now that I'm an expierienced MK player, I can say that MK doesn't neccesarily have the best recovery like a Pit and Samus, he just has a lot of options with their own pros and cons and different movement.
Yeah, you're absolutely right about that. But with multiple decent options, it's up to the player's own mixups to keep MK's recovery safe.

Top Bottom