• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight + Meta Knight = God Team?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's the perfect combination: speedy sword slashes with ... more speedy sword slashes! This team lacks KO power you say? Who needs KO power when you can double-team uber combo your opponents up to 200% and finish them off with a tilt? And both you and your partner can lifetank forever with near-broken recovery.

Discuss.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Getting someone stuck between 2 Metaknights pwnswording the hell out of him/her would be awsome

but if Brawl's DI is stronger, it might be easier to escape from........have to wait to test it out >_>

Rakath

Smash Ace
If Team Attack is on Meta Knights are a lot more likely to up each other than their opponent. Double swift isn't better than swift with a powerhouse like Bowser or Ike to keep them off balance.

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
I'm sure that two would be able to rake up damage to such a degree that KO moves will than be irrelevant.

However the factor of the opponent's weight could be a dilema.

If you are against a character that takes high %s to KO, chances are they will simple be KOing you faster because they can do it at much lower %s.

Two Meta Knights also lacks much divirsity and battle tactics, as a combination of Meta + Any other character would. The opponent only has to worry about countering one type of attacks style insted of two, which could come up with some decent combos.

The length and nature of Meta knights sword attacks seem to be perfect for assist KOs, maybe allowing the teamate to pull off some charged smashes or killing blows while he chips at their %.

Visually however, 2x Meta Knights = WIN. No question.

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
I have to disagee with you on better than Ike + Meta.

The key here is foil and diversity. Ike may not be choice for 1 vs 1 copetive play, but as I said, with the aid of Meta's speed and possible set ups, Ike's insane power might just be the ideal balance to Meta.

Snycronization and team combo chains would be slightly challenging at first due to the sharp contrast is speed, but after a bit of practice, I think that Ike + Meta would be a rather formidable opponent.

It's the perfect combination: speedy sword slashes with ... more speedy sword slashes! This team lacks KO power you say? Who needs KO power when you can double-team uber combo your opponents up to 200% and finish them off with a tilt? And both you and your partner can lifetank forever with near-broken recovery.

Discuss.
Hmm.

So....

Teams > Me + You = God

I agree, let's put this plan into action.

@Silver:

What about recovery? What about defending yourself? How do you assist Meta Knight when he is in need? Ike + Meta Knight wouldn't work because Ike is way too reliant on Meta Knight to inflict damage on both characters. In team matches you don't rely on your opponents strenght to exploit, you use your individual strengths to work together as a team. Ike + Meta Knight would just bring Meta Knight down.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
nah i'd say you need meta knight to dish out the damage and someone like falco or captain falcon to land the killing blows.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Any team with Meta Knight + Power bruiser (Falcon, Ike, Bowser, heck, even Pikachu) is better than a doubles of Meta Knights. The pair of Metas have to put a lot more work into a KO, and the idea of double teaming leaves them with a second man to start wailing on one of your Metas.

The Ike + Meta team Ike isn't supposed to do more than not-die at first. Ike's KO range is a lot lower than anyone else right now shown. Meta pounds the percentages into one, Ike just makes sure the other doesn't kill him, when Meta gets the other off the edge, Ike and Meta switch. Ike is a killer edgeguard, Meta starts soaking percantages into the other opponent. The two opposites cover each other's weaknesses.

If the opponent attempts to double team Meta Knight, Ike can run over and try to kill all 3 in one shot. If they team up on Ike, Meta Knight pulls one into a Drill Dive and Ike goes back to just defending from the other. And you start out with Meta taking on the stronger opponent (team of Fox and Jiggs, Meta take on Fox, etc).

Double Meta Knight will take a lot more time to get a KO, even if you swapped one out for a slightly slower but still combo friendly (Pikachu, Jiggs, Fox) character with better KO moves you'd do better than double Meta.

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
Ike holding Meta back? I feel like your underestimating Ike's power a bit.
Also, you missed the point of what I was saying, Meta Knight's high priority hits would catch the opponent (all the while raking up the %) while Ike is able to connect his moves uninterupted.

You'd be KOing at a quick 30-40, considering the KO potencial of Ike's moves are very high.
And Meta knight's trapping has already been said to have a huge range, including behind him.

Meta is a ground game king, so have him f-tilt spam, and than Ike comes up and pulls off a d-smash.

As per defense: Ike seems to weigh alot guarenteeing he won't be too much of a liability, and Meta's 4 jump makes for easy recovery. How would Ike possibily hold him back in that aspect? It just seems to lack sense.

A Meta/Meta team just doesn't seem to be able to pull off KOs as fast as Meta+ a Power character would.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Also, you missed the point of what I was saying, Meta Knight's high priority hits would catch the opponent (all the while raking up the %) while Ike is able to connect his moves uninterupted.

You'd be KOing at a quick 30-40, considering the KO potencial of Ike's moves are very high.
And Meta knight's trapping has already been said to have a huge range, including behind him.

Meta is a ground game king, so have him f-tilt spam, and than Ike comes up and pulls off a d-smash.

As per defense: Ike seems to weigh alot guarenteeing he won't be too much of a liability, and Meta's 4 jump makes for easy recovery. How would Ike possibily hold him back in that aspect? It just seems to lack sense.

A Meta/Meta team just doesn't seem to be able to pull off KOs as fast as Meta+ a Power character would.

Still, in a good 2 on 2 match, Ike is not going to be left alone. So unless he can fight on his own well enough it won't matter much.

Any team with Meta Knight + Power bruiser (Falcon, Ike, Bowser, heck, even Pikachu) is better than a doubles of Meta Knights. The pair of Metas have to put a lot more work into a KO, and the idea of double teaming leaves them with a second man to start wailing on one of your Metas.

The Ike + Meta team Ike isn't supposed to do more than not-die at first. Ike's KO range is a lot lower than anyone else right now shown. Meta pounds the percentages into one, Ike just makes sure the other doesn't kill him, when Meta gets the other off the edge, Ike and Meta switch. Ike is a killer edgeguard, Meta starts soaking percantages into the other opponent. The two opposites cover each other's weaknesses.

If the opponent attempts to double team Meta Knight, Ike can run over and try to kill all 3 in one shot. If they team up on Ike, Meta Knight pulls one into a Drill Dive and Ike goes back to just defending from the other. And you start out with Meta taking on the stronger opponent (team of Fox and Jiggs, Meta take on Fox, etc).

Double Meta Knight will take a lot more time to get a KO, even if you swapped one out for a slightly slower but still combo friendly (Pikachu, Jiggs, Fox) character with better KO moves you'd do better than double Meta.

You guy's should actually try going to tournaments before trying to speculate on team compatability.

Haddad-07

Smash Cadet
Metaknight will probably be rubbish. He will
have to wait until you pick up a sword to attack you.

Nah he's the character i'm lookin forward to most he will pwn.

Two in a team will be brokn toooo good

courte

Smash Lord
i feel like no one here can make actual calls and speculate on such a thing considered the game isnt even out huh??

has anyone ever tried to play a team with the same characters in melee?? how'd that work out for you??

Top Bottom