• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight is so sweet but is he hard to use?

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering for all that went to E for all expo and played as meta knight if he was harder to use than some of the other characters? I would like it if you post the easiest character to use. :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In the 4-player Free For All, you had to really work to get those KOs because if someone played a powerhouse character, they'd be getting KO's at a moment's notice while Meta Knight sorta bats characters around.

Meta Knight is easy to use because of the speed/range of his attacks and because of his multi-jump recovery. His aerial game is awkward and less noob-friendly. Another reason why he was so good is because items were on and let him get KO's much more easily.

KingBowser128

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight is easy to use because of the speed/range of his attacks and because of his multi-jump recovery. His aerial game is awkward and less noob-friendly. Another reason why he was so good is because items were on and let him get KO's much more easily.
Items...in SSBM i never used items,but from what i've seen,the items are actually COOL
this time.

Speaking of meta-knight, aerial is my game.I'll beat all of you guys on WiFi.

Stueyman2099

Smash Cadet
Not many people did, but it looks like there is a very good chance Nintendo may force us to this time around just so ZZS will be playable.
Nintendo has already said they want the game to be very customizable. Taking out the ability to turn items off could easily destroy the competitive half of the game, and I find it VERY unlikely that nintendo would do that.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Nintendo has already said they want the game to be very customizable. Taking out the ability to turn items off could easily destroy the competitive half of the game, and I find it VERY unlikely that nintendo would do that.
Exactly. And since tons of people play without items, there would be no way to use ZZS, unless she's avalible from the character select screen, or at least hidden like Sheik, in which I'll never be able to play as ZZS (even in 6 years of Melee, I STILL can't start a match as Sheik).

EDIT: Okay, I re-read my old post, so now I know why you randomly said that. What I meant was, by forcing us, it appears so far to be the only way to play as ZZS, or to have her as an enemy, or anything.

Exactly. And since tons of people play without items, there would be no way to use ZZS, unless she's avalible from the character select screen, or at least hidden like Sheik, in which I'll never be able to play as ZZS (even in 6 years of Melee, I STILL can't start a match as Sheik).

EDIT: Okay, I re-read my old post, so now I know why you randomly said that. What I meant was, by forcing us, it appears so far to be the only way to play as ZZS, or to have her as an enemy, or anything.
Um....

To start as Sheik, just hold A during the map loading sequence.

>_>;

Shark X

Smash Lord
Um....

To start as Sheik, just hold A during the map loading sequence.

>_>;
...I've always been led to believe I had to hold Z from when I select Zelda, all the way until the game starts...6 fricking years! >.<

Zamus better be playable that easily, or have her one character slot (character slot could give her alternate colors/costumes, because from what I've seen, all the alternate Samus colors always had the same Zamus color).

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
My mains in Brawl are going to probably be
1. Meta knight! Of couse!
2.Kirby! The pink superstar who kills all with a beam sword!
3.Pit! Pit seems pretty cool with a bow/double sword is a awesome combo!
4.Bowser! with giga bowser he is unstoppable!
5.Ike! With a sword like that he MUST kick butt!

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
i changed my mind because todays update is King DeDeDe so here is my new main
1. Metaknight
2.Kirby
3.KingDeDeDe
4. Pit
5.Bowser

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Items...in SSBM i never used items,but from what i've seen,the items are actually COOL
this time.

Speaking of meta-knight, aerial is my game.I'll beat all of you guys on WiFi.
I agree, the items look more interesting this time like the AT's and the Smart Bomb, and oh the Gooey Bomb

And I also agree about aerials, I depend on them if Meta Knight's aerials aren't quite so noob friendly all the more fun for me, I spam aerials

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
Being noob friendly doesn't always mean they are easy to master. Noob friendly just means that they are an easy charater for noobs who don't play with tourney rules to pick-up. Meta Knight may be an extremely hard charater to master in the meta-game. But there is still a possibility that he is an easy charater to master. I hope he is hard to master, it's always more fun when there is a challenge.

NinjaRooster

Smash Cadet
I found it pretty easy to play as Meta Knight though his movement was a little too quick and I always seemed to go off the edge of the stage if I used his forward B.

I think that in the long run, Meta Knight will be pretty difficult to master. He seemed like it was easy to get the hang of him but then it takes a while to get used to his awkward aerial movement.

And yes. Challenge means more fun.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
He seems fairly simple but he's still a lightweight so won't expect any "relaxed" kills,you're gonna have to work your way around the battlefield with him and rack up the oppenents percentage pretty high to dispose of them. If T!mmy is reading (you kick a**) - did metaknight have a spike/meteor smash? Psy.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
When I hit someone with my D-air, he was sent downward. So, in my opinion, he has a spike (probably meteor cancelable), beyond the ubiquitous Footstool Stomp.

And if you're used to "all melee stuff", Brawl will feel different, but won't necessarily make every character "hard to pick up". I felt quite at home in Brawl after playing Kirby, for instance. And Gimpyfish sure seemed to have a fun time with the new Bowser mechanics. ;)

When I hit someone with my D-air, he was sent downward. So, in my opinion, he has a spike (probably meteor cancelable), beyond the ubiquitous Footstool Stomp.

And if you're used to "all melee stuff", Brawl will feel different, but won't necessarily make every character "hard to pick up". I felt quite at home in Brawl after playing Kirby, for instance. And Gimpyfish sure seemed to have a fun time with the new Bowser mechanics. ;)
In addition to that Statement, I loved Fox.

I REEEEEEEALLY loved Fox. :)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm assuming Meta Knight w will just be Kirby with a sword. No biggy, I'l pick him up easily. He might be easy to use as long as you know how to use a Kirby. If not, I'm guessing he still is. Brawl might be an all for one noob frieldly game. On the other hand, more experienced players feel at home.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
I would say he's easy to use. Can you imagine the combos he can do with gliding? MAN I WANNA MAIN HIM SO BAD.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Why do people think Gliding is great for combos, or that there's a new float-cancel with it, or any number of other things. I admit we didn't have much time to delve into the secrets of Brawl, but I don't think Gliding is going to be a combo-driven technique like shines and pillars...

regorris

Smash Apprentice
All I can hope is that MK is no Shiek. I was so happy when I found out that Shiek was in SSBM, then I was crushed when she turned out to be a cheese factory. If MK has even one decent killing move, that'll be it for MK too. He'll be in the top two tiers, and then all the joy in playing him will be gone. Afterall, there's only 1 way to play a top-teir character: you emulate the best.

Anyway, I'm just a low-tier fan I suppose--or maybe I'm hoping for some game balance... maybe, anyone?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
As of this writing, he's no Shiek... and there was nothing like Melee Shiek of the demo we played and saw. I'm not guarenteeing some technique won't crop up that gives Meta Knight - or any other character - a huge advantage over one or many other characters.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Nice sig T!MmY
btw - Does MK have different swings with the last stroke of his Fair or are they different moves. And what's with his Uair? Can he do a single stroke or does it always do 2 in a row?

Also, I don't think there is a Sheik in Brawl, maybe they're all a little Sheik but from where I am, it looks like they've kind of leaned towards a "every move is there for a reason" type of thing.

MK is extremely cool and looks fun and easy to play...but I think they all look that way. Even Sonic etc... by the end of every Sonic battle, he finally starts doing what he means to :laugh:

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
from the IGN preview i hear hes the easyest character to pick up and play, wich is probably why he seems like the best new character, the other new character just probably require a bit more practice, practice that people didn't get time for at e for all

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
from the IGN preview i hear hes the easyest character to pick up and play, wich is probably why he seems like the best new character, the other new character just probably require a bit more practice, practice that people didn't get time for at e for all
That is definitely something to consider, besides the fact that there were items that covered his throw back weaknesses.

Top Bottom