• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight: is he losing power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Ravenlord is actually a really good Lucas.
still a horrible horrible matchup, and someone who's supposed to be so smart/intelligent should be able to take down such a simple character with mk...lolol
this so much, people are talking about other characters stepping it up but you notice how most of the low/mid tier upsets have been at MLG?

if you want meta knight to not be a cancer to the metagame, play on HDTV's only <_<

olimar players are definitely stepping it up though, copying from brood now like MK's all copied from M2K
olimar ***** on wifi

hdtv's=blue connection on wifi

which=minor lag ****

etecoon

Smash Hero
perfect connection in wifi is actually 6 frames, theoretically that's the best it can be, though personally some of the HDTV's I've played on seemed worse(but MLG uses much better ones that are like 2 frames)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I haven't read much about the MLGs. I had no idea they only use HDTVs. That is ********. I don't feel like any MLGs should count lol.

Hdtv lag = 1-2 frames
I guess they use something to reduce the lag? When I've tried playing on HDTVs I swear there is like 15 frames of lag. I usually refuse to play on them.

Bad air release.
MK is one of the hardest characters in the game to grab. Only a few characters can do anything significant after grab releasing MK anyway.

V

Smash Ace
MK is one of the hardest characters in the game to grab.
Yep just ask olimar

But all sarcasm aside yeah he's difficult to grab

Even the characters who have gr follow ups don't impact the MU that heavily anyway

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My HDTV has like 1-2 frames or lag. It has NO IMPACT or whatsoever to brawl. Seriously it has never screwed anyone or no one has noticed the small lag except the paranoid hdtv haters.

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
Same here, I always thought HDTV lag was a myth because of it lol. That is until I played someone on a really laggy TV. However MLG has TVs with negligible lag and of course the tournaments should count because they are the largest in the world and many of the best players from around the country come to MLGs.

On Topic: Meta-knight is definitely the best character, but his lack of a projectile is significant especially with LGL. With a Ledge Grab Limit Meta-Knight actually has to approach characters like Diddy Kong and Falco unless he wants to get ***** by projectiles. With ledgegrab limits meta-knight is top, but definitely on the same tier as the rest of A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom