• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight in teams

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
So we all know that 2v2 presents different challenges and rewards different tactics than 1v1.

For instance, it can be really helpful to be able to jump off stage and reset your teammate's Up-B (while still making it back yourself). Grab combos are also a useful thing.

Now let's look at Meta Knight and see what he can offer as a teammate.

First thing that occurred to me was jumping off stage and using your U-air to help your teammate recover. It's most often best to do this by using an air-jump while using U-air rather than a falling U-air, just to make it easier for you to recover yourself.

He also has a really good DD/grab game, which can help set your teammate up to deliver a devastating blow like a Rest or a Knee.

He's got pretty good survivability / recovery as well. My only concern might be a tendency to hit one's teammate by flailing around all over the place like he can do.

That's all I got right now, and this is completely theorycrafting at this point.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Just won a doubles tournament playing Metaknight, and I must say that I think he is amazing in teams.
Dat N-Air

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
How well does teammate grab set up for the strong hit of Down B? That could be some devastating stuff if it works.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
How well does teammate grab set up for the strong hit of Down B? That could be some devastating stuff if it works.
I never really tried that, I feel that his advantages are in his general speed and the power of N-Air.
Almost like Nair shining, but if you get a combo going Im really starting to love upsmash as a combo ender after Dair.

Fast fallers get comboed hard.

Top Bottom