• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

meta knight help

napZzz

Smash Hero
He's so hard to face....you cant cg him, and since he has no lag on his attacks he can keep hitting DDD and barely give him any time to do anything. Waddle dee spam does'nt do much, and the only thing I can end up doing are tilts and grabs

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
and the only thing I can end up doing are tilts and grabs

Good. Keep doing that. Play as defensively as you can, and only make the safest moves. Use your fastest attacks, like the D-tilt, the B-air, the F-tilt, and grabbing in general.

Of course, it's not like I've played against the wickedly good Meta Knights before, so I'm just using what I know. I'm probably wrong. :D

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
As a Meta Knight main, I have the following pointers:

-Stay grounded. MK's aerials > everyone else's for the most part.
-Make sure you shield any tornadoes, and use the after-lag to grab.
-Use attacks that keep you just out of range of MK's sword, such as F-Tilt.
-Don't spam >B, but use it occasionally to keep the opponent off guard.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, basically just play incredibly defensively. I do a lot of shield grabs to ftilts. I play a lot of keepaway and use bairs to out prioritize him. You can wop him with the fair off stage and I try to get early kills and then DDDcide to try an get a quick advantage.

But I have more success just switching to G&W because he can pwn MK pretty bad sometimes. Turtle ftw, and powerful fast smashes are really good against G&W. Oh, did I mention the turtle can stuff the tornado?

cutter

Smash Champion
Yeah, basically just play incredibly defensively. I do a lot of shield grabs to ftilts. I play a lot of keepaway and use bairs to out prioritize him. You can wop him with the fair off stage and I try to get early kills and then DDDcide to try an get a quick advantage.

But I have more success just switching to G&W because he can pwn MK pretty bad sometimes. Turtle ftw, and powerful fast smashes are really good against G&W. Oh, did I mention the turtle can stuff the tornado?
The turtle does not stop the tornado. G&W's dash will stop it though and so will Chef.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the turtle can stop the tornado. You just have to space it well. I've done it multiple times and it's much safer than the chef or even the dash attack. Get the end of the turtle hitbox to hit the base of the tornado

Top Bottom