• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta-Knight Beatdown

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
Well I was playing with this guy and he had a snake(i think) thats not the point. I lost the match the second match he chose a MK. So i thought he either choose MK cause he was good with him or he thinks MK is a good match-up for Olimar..........Sadly I got *****. I got 3 stocked. I am guessing this is because i barely face any good MK players. But can anyone give me some tips.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Metaknight is one of Olimar's hardest matchups.

Learn to whistle, and he won't be able to kill you at 20%. Grab a lot. Space out of his range whenever possible, since you have more range. Kill him off the top (up smash), since his recovery is ludicrous. Pick Pictochat. Yoshi's Island is a good neutral stage for you since he can't cross under the bottom. Stay away from stages where he could come up from below (Halberd, Delfino, Hanenbow).

Excellence

Smash Champion
Well first off, know a little about Meta Knight's gameplay. You'll want to learn that he'll stay agressive even if your pounding the snot out of him, so don't expect to get too much time to rest. What you'll want to do is avoid letting Meta Knight get below you or knocking you off the edge. To do this, you'll want to play defensively and force Meta Knight to take some damage. There isn't a whole lot you can do against Mach Tornado from up close, but there are things you can do if you see it coming. If he's on the ground, grab it. If it's off the ground, space yourself and use an Up-B to smack him out of it. Same thing with the drill, if it's coming at you from the ground, grab it, otherwise you'll want to dodge and punish.

Top Bottom