• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight 3.5: Positive Differences

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Pretty much what the title says. How do you utilize MK's 3.5 differences?

For example: one thing I have found myself doing more is f-air. It seems to combo a little better in 3.5, and hits them differently. In 3.02 it felt like a "push", but in 3.5 it feels more like a light hit. It's much easier to make them go forward after, and at a nice angle too. Something I've been doing often now as opposed to never in 3.02 is f-air -> nair because it actually combos well now. Also f-air -> f-air works.

Also, I've found that you can still come down from the air using d-air in certain situations. You can still fake people out with your multiple jumps, and a lot of people will just shield. If this is the case, I just come down with a d-air and land behind them to not get shield grabbed, and either just run away or go in for a grab or roll read. Probably not the best option, but it's a possible mixup, which is always good and less predictable.

So just stuff like that, what positive changes have been made to him and how do you utilize them?

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
One thing I like in v3.5 is I can nair> full hop/short hop dair(hasn't be stuff yet) and do w/e I want afterwords like, fall on them with something, cross them up, land on a platform etc.

I like doing Usmash to dair to stuff as well.

Fade away dairs in neutral are cool. Dair in tech chases are awesome.

EDIT: sweet spot dair is brutal on the edge

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Edgeguarding is definitely better. F-air to anything. Sour D-air to anything.

F-air in general seems more useful. You can combo out of it easier both in the air and when SHFFL'd. N-air hits harder so it kills earlier, on stage and as an edgeguard. D-air OoS is sweet, especially when they're behind you and maybe too far for a N-air. When the opponent is on the platform above you, full jump Up-air to D-air is fun.

I like being able to use A to attack out of Dimensional Cape. It makes some maneuvers easier. Like, you can just DC + forward + A and it will do the same thing as DC + forward + C-stick forward. If you're not holding a direction on the control stick, the A button will act like a C-up or C-down. Stuff like that.

DC is also better for recovery now that it goes a little farther. You can actually 'sweetstpot' the ledge from a bunch of different positions.

DACUS.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Combos have undergone quite a drastic change with Dair. I love Dair to regrab, it feels so satisfying. DACUS combo extenduuuuuur.

DACUS.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't, I know people that do. Just practice it for a bit/a while depending on how you pick it up. Some people are better/worse at learning specific things. I would say that it's definitely worth mastering though.

Top Bottom