• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Messing up RAR rushes with Shoulder button jumps?

ASAP_Smash

Smash Cadet
Hey, I hit the lottery here.

So reverse aerial rushes felt super inconsistent to me because I used R to jump. The problem with that is that the game can only register three inputs per frame. So if you pressed left-stick, jump and c-stick on the same frame, the directional input would dropped resulting in a neutral air being buffered rather than a back-air... I 100% fixed this problem.

Turns out the smash devs made the macro short hop to fix this issue (where you press two jump buttons to do a short hop). Well, I mapped both shoulder buttons to jump.

So when I press both jump buttons and c-stick on the same frame, only the jump inputs get registered and the c-stock becomes fully registered on the next frame.

NOW I DO SH RAR 100% OF THE TIME WITH EASE!

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT!

Last edited:

Mooer

Smash Cadet
Nice.

What button is shield for you? Are you using pro controller or the gamecube one?

Top Bottom