• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Merry Christmas! Semi-Weekly AMA: Ura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

1577244757121.png

Ura
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! Hope y'all have an awesome December 25th, whether you celebrate or not!

This AMA's subject is a CO for the Orange Star, fighting for Advance Wars to make a return after over a decade of dormancy: Ura!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Ura has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Righty, Ura Ura , take it away

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What's your ideal vision for a new Advance Wars?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. How did you get into Advanced Wars?
2. Do you have any LEGO sets on your collection?
3. Favourite Transformer?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Ever play Quest 64?
2. How many Echo Fighters could work for Andy?
3. How did you come about the name Ura?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! Hope y'all have an awesome December 25th, whether you celebrate or not!

This AMA's subject is a CO for the Orange Star, fighting for Advance Wars to make a return after over a decade of dormancy: Ura!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Ura has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Righty, Ura Ura , take it away

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What's your ideal vision for a new Advance Wars?
1. I would say my most hype Smash reveal was Sonic in Brawl because that was the character I was really hoping would get in that game. The EGM 2006 hoax from the year prior was still on my mind as well so it was a really hype moment for me and my friends following "questionable rumors" for an entire year lol. Asides from that, I would say Cloud in Smash 4 because of the "HOLY ****!" factor to it and "Everyone is Here" for Ultimate.

2. Not much of a movie person myself so I can't say for sure haha. Home Alone is a holiday classic of course and I always seem to re-visit Pulp Fiction for it's hilarity/iconic quotes. Toy Story was like, the earliest memories I have of any movies in my life so that's up there as well.

3. My ideal vision for a new Advance Wars would be for IntSys to actually bring the franchise back. :)

Sass aside, I would hope for a new setting to be introduced or at least a new cast of characters for new players to get invested in. As nice as it would be to see Andy & the gang return, I think it's best to return with a fresh take because ultimately, it's about reaching out to newer audiences and expanding the user base from what it was before.

That being said, I would hope for the older CO's to still be playable in Multiplayer/War Room or released as post-release content similar to how Kirby Star Allies reintroduced it's older characters post-release.

Multiplayer & Online Play is the big sticking point to make it stand out from FE. I hope Nintendo would really focus on this aspect of local & online multiplayer and maybe even branch out to E-Sports? I would want to see pro-players facing off where they have 3 minutes to make a turn while they think of their next move in the waiting phase. Would be awesome I tell ya'!
1. Favorite Character in Advance Wats
2. What are your other favorite games outside of the Advance Wars series?
3. What’s your Dream job?
1. Me' boy Andy Standy of course! I mean he's usually my go to character for any kind of mission where I don't need to focus on any paritcular unit/terrain or what have you. Plus, his CO Super Power is super clutch in turning the tides in battle. That's not even accounting for how awesome he would be in Smash haha.

2. Well Smash Bros obv but I have too many to list. Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Chrono Trigger, Banjo-Kazooie, Megaman Legends, and so many others would be on that list.

3. To be a Game Director of a really succesful game franchise (I have an idea in mind). It's more of a pie in the sky dream I guess but ehh lol.
1. How did you get into Advanced Wars?
2. Do you have any LEGO sets on your collection?
3. Favourite Transformer?
1. Myself and my brother got in to a bunch of GBA games around 2004. While we were interested in playing Fire Emblem to see if we would find Marth & Roy in that game, we were disappointed to not find either and we even mistook Eliwood for Roy lol. While I didn't really get in to FE back then, I did find it more enjoyable when I replayed it a decade later though not as much as AW.

Eventually, Advance Wars caught our attention and we took a liking to it much more so, even getting the follow up sequel as well. And 15+ years later, i'm still a stan for this franchise lol.

2. I don't really collect LEGO TBH. Plus, I don't want to step on them. Ouch!

3. Don't know much so i'll go with Optimus Prime.
1. Ever play Quest 64?
2. How many Echo Fighters could work for Andy?
3. How did you come about the name Ura?
1. I haven't but maybe one day haha.

2. Well Will from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin might be able to work although he's taller than Andy and wouldn't be using wrenches to fight so there's that. If there was ever going to be a 2nd AW fighter after Andy, i'd want it to be Sami of course because she's helluva badass.

3. It was a dumb joke referencing Ura Zelda but not many people were able to get that lol. Plus, it rolls off the tounge well and I was looking to get rid of my old username.
  1. Favorite food?
  2. On a scale from 1-72, how much do you like sugar?
  3. Have you ever created any OCs?
1. I'm very partial to Ramen and all the sort :)

2. 1 because my dentist straight up told me to limit my sugar intake. Let's say my dental history is less than stellar and leave it at that.

3. I have but most are kinda cringe TBH or I don't even remember them lol.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
  1. Favorite Canadian cartoons?
  2. When's the last time you hugged your mother?
  3. Which image in my signature do you like better?
1. Hoo boy! Way too many to list. Yvon of the Yukon, Martin Mystery, Cybersix, Reboot. The list just goes on lol.

Unironically, "What's With Andy?" is among that list. :)

2. Hugs are for the weak.
/s

3. Your sig isn't uploading for me. Maybe it's because i'm on mobile IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom