• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mentality

FoxE

Smash Cadet
I've been having serious issues about how I play the game.
I wouldn't consider myself a great Melee player but I know somethings. But when I play the game, I always have the mentality of losing. I always expect a 4 stock loss every single time I pick up the controller. I feel like it's heavily affecting my games. Most of the times I feel so slow and stiff when I do. I don't feel like trying, I feel like giving up. Everything seems much harder. I honestly don't know how to change that. It really bothers me. Is there anything I can do about that?

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
DROP EXPECTATIONS. don't go to tournaments and expect to win, expect to learn and to have fun.

hunterlittle

Smash Rookie
just keep your head up. Learn from the person your playing up against. I went to WTFox2 and learned more by playing against them. also keep your head up, I lost and got pissed but i kept it in the inside. Just adapt and learn. thats about all i can say.

Melee Mains::foxmelee::marthmelee:

Smash 4 Mains::4cloud:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Go in with no expectations. This is melee, anything can happen. I always go in thinking that I'll either lose or win. I don't even use the term "4 stocked" because it's just losing. It's the same as getting timed out with a 2% disadvantage, you lose either way.

Top Bottom