• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis, TN - Oct. 02

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Bringing Smash back to the Midsouth area! Since there seems to be a lack of events in the Memphis/Kentucky/Arkansas/Mississippi areas, we are going to begin the Memphis Brawlers League. We will have tournaments and events every month! Power rankings will be kept online at the Memphis Brawlers website. Our first tournament in November will only have a 1v1 Brawl tournament. Our 2nd event in November will have both a singles and a doubles Brawl tournament!

This month's event is on October 2!

Venue:
The VUE
3472 Plaza Avenue #101
Memphis, TN 38111

What:
Super Smash Brothers Brawl on the Nintendo Wii

When:
Noon on Saturday, October 2, until the tournament ends...

Registration is through email @: VueBrawler@gmail.com
The email must include your name and intention of participating in the tourney

What you need to know:
Bring your own controllers
No entry fee
For this first tournament, must be 18-25

Rules:
-3 stock.
-8 minutes.
-Items are turned to off and none.
-Controllers with turbo, or any kind of software that will change the gameplay are PROHIBITED.
-All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
-Consolation finals matches (3rd and 5th place matches) are best of 5.
-Final Championship match is best of 7
-Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
-If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percent.
-All persons are responsible for their own control scheme and must make sure it is set before the match begins.
-Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying -Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then any Sudden -Death is ignored and the game goes to a 1-stock, 3-minute overtime match.
-Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond around 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.)
-Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.

Match Procedures:
-The first stage of a match is selected randomly.
-The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
-The winner of the previous game chooses his/her character.
-The loser of the previous game chooses his/her character.
-Repeat previous steps for successive matches.

MAPS:

Neutral:
-Smashville
-Final Destination
-Battlefield

Counterpick:
-Yoshi's Island
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokemon Stadium

Banned:
-Everything else

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
Soooo...good idea??? But i dont understand why there is no melee....clearly there is already a dedicated memphis melee group.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Soooo...good idea??? But i dont understand why there is no melee....clearly there is already a dedicated memphis melee group.
We'll get there. Most the people I know play Brawl. I found out only recently that there are some people who still play Melee over Brawl. I have absolutely no Melee knowledge, but Jordan, the other TO loves it a lot more than he loves Brawl, and he wants to push a Melee side of the Memphis Brawlers. So I have a feeling that is going to be part of the group soon.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
You forgot to add naruto shippuden ninja storm 2 and Super Street Fighter. :p

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'd go to this, but without an entry fee, I assume no cash prizes for the winner. If I lived in Memphis or a little closer than 2 1/2 hours away, then I'd go. If Iori and/or Thriller-Man show up, I'm betting one of them takes it since I'm not there to beat 'em =)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Iori is gonna be here, and sorry... no cash prizes for this tournament. I had that discussion with Iori already lol. I have no idea who Thriller-Man is, but it would be cool if he showed up too. We've got a bunch of people who I consider to be top-notch too... Talon, Tatsumaki, and some others. I'm pretty excited to see Iori playing. The tournament is at 32 entrants plus a waiting list, but we capped it off at 32 this time... so it's gonna be pretty intense hopefully. :)

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Man I really gotta show ppl that Iori wins matchs by his Seal powers.lol.Friendlies with Iori is always a funny match.Tatsumaki and I are gonna be buttin some serious heads though.lol

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Well I certainly enjoyed myself. Very fun tourney for a first time impressive for the vue. Good matches everyone. Iori d*** good matches.7 straight matches in the finals against you was so hardcore.lol. You know you fear me. Screw your future sight.Had much fun. : }

Top Bottom