• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memory card problems

TheMedium

Smash Rookie
I will start from the beginning. So I play melee with a GameCube and 20xx tornament edition memory card. I tried to use my friends copy of melee and his memory card in my GameCube, but now instead of just opening the game normally, it pops up saying “memory card in slot A has no saved data” then asks me to create a new game file for melee. If I click yes it makes a new save file in the memory card and doesn’t let me open 20xx. If I click no, it just runs the game like my memory card isn’t there And the 20xx just doesn’t work. I tried my personal memory card and then the same thing happened. Same thing with my personal memory card and my personal copy of melee. This has never happened before and I have a tornament to go to in a few hours so I would really like to find out what’s wrong fast.
Thanks

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Were you able to try another cube? It might be the memory card slot? Did you try slot B? (Would slot B even work? lol.)

Top Bottom