• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memory Card... Help??

Moxin

Smash Apprentice
So, I discovered today that my memory card with over 15,000 vs matches and everything that I've done with the game on it since release is somewhat physically broken. The outer case on it (that says 4MB and holds the internal... chip? not sure what to call it) is broken, and the chip has come out. I believe there is no damage to the "chip" itself... is it possible to get another card and swap cases, or perhaps mend the case on this one? Or do they function as a whole?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I don't see why you couldn't swap cases provided you know what your doing. You'd have to be careful opening it and more importantly be more careful opening the replacement and find a proper way to close it. Can't you literally swap the blocks of a memory card by putting a fresh one in the other slot though? (Also shouldn't this questions be asked in the technical problems thread? You'd have gotten a faster answer.)

I lost all of my melee data years ago and now I have all of a friends' data...either he gave me his and I somehow forgot or I'm right. Try googling it.

Edit: Found it
http://www.ehow.com/how_7673874_save-game-cube-memory-card.html
The easiest way is always the simplest.

Screech

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it would be a whole lot easier to just copy the files. If you can manage to get the case to hold together long enough to copy the memory blocks to a different card then you wont have to go through all the trouble of soldering your card into a new case.

Top Bottom