• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melo vs Sung

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
These are a few videos that are more recent. I have 3 that I'll put up from a little less than a month ago when I first started with Luigi, and really just started to pick up with smash more competitively.

Here are the ones from last weekend:
Most of these were just warm-up games (you can tell which more than others) but my camera died and I couldn't find the charger. LOL- oh btw: sung uses everyone... and not badly
Melo (Luigi) vs Sung (Fox) 1
Melo (Luigi) vs Sung (Fox) 2
We never got around to match 3 (thats when camera died 1/4 in) It wasn't able to handle the intense-nessness
Melo (Luigi) vs Sung (Falco)
Melo (Luigi) vs Sung (Captain Falcon)
Melo (Luigi) vs Sung (Bowser)

These are from a month ago when I just started with Luigi. They have good music lol

Melo (Luigi) vs Sung (G&W)
Melo (Luigi) vs Sun. (Mario)
^ Sung's brother Sun. Not Sung.
Melo (Luigi) vs Sung (Luigi)

Please feel free to criticize, I know I need a ton of work (Sung wants criticism too).

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Did you ever think about shorthopping instead of fulljumping all the time?

That's your biggest problem by far. Luigi is slow and floaty; spending that much time in the air is getting you punished badly.

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
Did you ever think about shorthopping instead of fulljumping all the time?

That's your biggest problem by far. Luigi is slow and floaty; spending that much time in the air is getting you punished badly.
Yeah... I have trouble short-hopping with luigi for some reason, and my wavedash was being all gay on me when we filmed those lol. I need to grab more, but I just can never get in on him because he spot dodges so much.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
It's not the fact that you're just full-jumping all over the place (which actually is a pretty big problem in and of itself), it's the fact that you're not fast-falling. Like Lixivium said, Luigi is god-awful in the air for a variety of reasons, even though the sex kick can kind-of protect you. If you don't fastfall (especially when you're full jumping) you're going to very vulnerable for a really long and extended period of time.

I mean, why spend time stationary in the air, when you have so much more mobility and options like wavedash rushdown on the ground?

El HP

Smash Ace
Besides your mobility you need to work in wavelanding this is useful if you miss an aerial and your opponent wavedashes backward to counter you this give you the chance to avoid it.

Another thing is the jab you don't use it, luigi's jab is very useful since you can use it to link grabs o smash attacks not to mention is very fast combined with the wavedash and you got a good offensive option I would recommend you to use more shothops especially the double b-airs are very fast, great priority, good range very useful againts high mobility characters.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
For someone who began Luigi a few months back, your luigi is pretty good. You can see in the beginning matches a few missed wave dashes or I guess you were dodging nothing? But that's cool. Really nice music and pretty balanced. You need more shorthops and more double aerials. Also you need to do a little more damage faster. You seem to wait for those sweet hits rather than comboing. Other than that, its nice.

Top Bottom