• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee???

derf

Smash Ace
Are melee tournaments pretty much done with? Personally, I'd like to see them continue. I havent been on the boards in a while, so I dont know what peoples thoughts are on this subject.
If the tourney scene is resurrected ill certainly travel to any tournaments within 2-3 hours of gville

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
sorry that im the one who has to break it to ya, but...melee tournaments have actually been perma-banned in the ATL south. majority voted on it a couple weeks ago. dont kill the messenger!

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Melee is still an amazing, incredible, and super game. Everyone just wants to play Brawl right now.

Give it a month or two. No one is gonna say no to an opportunity to play with all their smasher friends, whether its Melee or Brawl. Once everyone gets their initial Brawl fix, we'll see what happens.

Personally, I think Brawl will replace most melee tourneys. Would I attend a melee tourney though? You betcha.

S0FT

Smash Ace
I luv melee! But brawl is overpowering it. No one that I know takes melee seriously any more. I want to play more melee trnys and I'm going to wait to play brawl till all these brawl divas are gone.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Just for everyones info

Gigabits just announced our first Brawl Tournament, but if you guys still want an occasional melee tournament or two. Just let us know. We will hold them.

derf

Smash Ace
so youre done with melee then chops?

what about brawl do you like over melee? i just dont see the appeal yet. Not that I dont want to like brawl, i just might not know what to look for, you know?

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
i hated brawl till I used toon link(falco/mini marth and jiggs put together to make one broken character with no lag in any of his moves) he reminds me of melee the most. yea I still like melee better but im liking brawl more and more. if there is melee tounrey I still would play for easy money I guess. but Now I play brawl mainly

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
if you're playing toon link... or any character in brawl like you do in melee, you're not gonna get better lol.

now if you're just saying there's a resemblance i can understand but i'll tell everyone that they should play brawl like melee never existed heh.

Top Bottom