• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tourneys for Southern Arizona

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna start hosting monthly tournaments or if we cant get enough people they could always be smashfests. The first is Saturday May 3rd, at Cornerstone Apartments on Stone and Roger

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Melee tournaments in Tucson? I'll come and I'll try to get some friends to come. Also if we don't get a lot of people it might be better to just have smashfests.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I know, seriously. At least M2k, Chu, and Mango know where it's at too. M2k quit, Chu holds Melee-exclusive biweeklies, and Mango hates Brawl like ****. It makes me produce tears of happiness knowing that there is still sanity somewhere in the world.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
Melee tournaments in Tucson? I'll come and I'll try to get some friends to come. Also if we don't get a lot of people it might be better to just have smashfests.
thats kinda more of what i was going for. just wanna smash with new people really

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
I know, seriously. At least M2k, Chu, and Mango know where it's at too. M2k quit, Chu holds Melee-exclusive biweeklies, and Mango hates Brawl like ****. It makes me produce tears of happiness knowing that there is still sanity somewhere in the world.
M2k quit? like for good?

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
alright then its settled im just gonna pick a random saturday like a month from now and itll be a smashfest!!
ninjade do you still have the flyer from the last one we could just edit?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
How many Gamecubes and T.V.s do you have? I can bring a Gamecube and a copy of Melee if needed.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
oh man this is intense! umm we have at least 5 tvs, and 3 cubes. . .and i can produce some flyers if need be, but, i think this thread is flyer enough. . .

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
This is "THE" most foolish thread I have ever read or have experienced. This is sad..............

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
like jade said we have enough tvs and cubes. we'd need a couple copies of smash and memory cards and dude you should bust out that flyer for the last smashfest we did and change the date so we could put some at gamestops and the play n trade.

one more thing; can all interested persons make saturdays? i mean like the day can change if its a problem for anybody

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
WOW, I'm good at melee and can prob beat some of you guys on this thread. and its the other way around ninjade1, melee is dead. You playing it and being the best in the world will mean nothing to anyone, ever. You guys should take some of that energy and play Brawl, as little as it may take...yeah...I know...I have a sense of humor,too. Isn't that awesome?

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
This thread made me realize something.

I think I'm going to stop play smash for a little while.
well then this thread was counter productive, we just want to have a good ol' smash fest for melee, even if it is out dated. i say this should go down on may 3rd, any objections?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
well then this thread was counter productive, we just want to have a good ol' smash fest for melee, even if it is out dated. i say this should go down on may 3rd, any objections?
Sorry about that, it really isn't your fault or the OPs. It is really more along the lines of the side conversations going on in this thread.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Does that mean you live in the Foothills? I go to U of A also so I'll do it whenever.
No, I live near Mt. Lemmon. Houghton/Tanque Verde area. Anyways, I can bring a cube to the UofA on Friday. We can play in the TV Lounge if you are OK with that. I'll money match you from 5$ up to 20$. I am done with class at 1pm on Friday. Post what time would be best for you and we can settle this! Just to make sure again, MELEE right?! :bee:

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
well what about may 3rd, does that day sound good for the smash fest?(i kinda took the control of the smashfest ty)

Me Myself and Jy

Smash Cadet
No, I live near Mt. Lemmon. Houghton/Tanque Verde area. Anyways, I can bring a cube to the UofA on Friday. We can play in the TV Lounge if you are OK with that. I'll money match you from 5$ up to 20$. I am done with class at 1pm on Friday. Post what time would be best for you and we can settle this! Just to make sure again, MELEE right?! :bee:
Can't play on Friday. Going to Phoenix for my friend's birthday.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Can't play on Friday. Going to Phoenix for my friend's birthday.
OK. Thursday there is a Brawl tourney at the Underground in the Student Union at UofA at 7pm. I can play you anytime before that or anytime after the smash tourney, I can bring a Cube, Melee, and Controllers if you don't have one. YES/NO ?

Top Bottom