• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee to PM

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Hey im Faxx, Im a Floridian samus main in melee, and I mained ROB for a while in PM. I recently tried samus in pm and realized how krey some of her stuff is: aerial Charging neutral B, easier SWD (i get it like everytime now its soooo fun), better missile priority apparently (beats needles now?), different tether obv. Anyway i was wondering if there is a link somewhere to all the differences between melee and pm samus- in terms of hitboxes, frame data, attack properties, general properties, moveset. If there is, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could link me to it, otherwise feel free to tell me any major changes.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Apparently PM Samus is buffed in most aspects. I play her just like Melee Samus + off-stage shenanigans with wavebounces and it's actually pretty solid.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Check the pinned post for direct comparison of frame data in PM to Melee on Samus' fire move set.

Unmentioned things in that data includes the timing/amount of invulnerability granted by AI from ledge is different in each game. In PM, the upair needs to be input at a later point, which means she has fewer invincibility frames. In regard to the priority of missiles, they haven't changed, as far as I'm aware. They beat needles because needles no longer have hurtboxes in Project M, which means one needle doesn't beat charge shot, either.

Samus now has access to crawling in morph ball, which greatly reduces her hurtboxes, and allows you to duck under projectiles and some grabs, as well as giving you access to boost ball, an incredible attack that sets up for pivot fsmash or grabs, and shield pokes relatively easily.

Another big difference is how Zair and tethers function in general. Zair can be used as an actual spacing tool in PM, as opposed to the limp-**** whip that you get in Melee. It's a great tool to use in match ups against characters like Marth or Ike, who can contest us at a reasonable range with their disjoint. Zair also beats out projectiles, and does similar stun to a Falco laser. It's a really ****ing good move.

You also have access to ice mode, which isn't really all that spectacular. It helps a lot for fighting Puff, as you have kill moves and kill setups on her with upsmash, but otherwise fire is typically the better beam to use.

If you've got any questions about stuff, just throw them at me, and I'll do my best to help you out. This was only a very brief coverage of some of the major things she has in PM.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Short hop, air dodge in place, and just hit Z. You'll start to learn the timing to get different Zair lengths. You basically always want to hit tipper zair because it does like 7% and has the most stun. If you have anybody in your area that plays Marth, start practicing against them and learning how to apply Zair and space for it against disjoint and stuff.

Top Bottom