• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Techs vs PM Techs

Miki

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i just started to main falcon in PM and would like to ask you how do you feel about the changes between the Melee and PM Techs of CF. Is it easier for you to (for example) instant uair in PM or Melee ? Im currently practising the whole CF tech sortiment like perfect wavelands on stage & platforms, shield stops, shield pivots & aerials, pivot gentleman, hax' ledge stall etc.. and i have to say that it seems that techs like the instant uair is quite easier in Melee than in PM because in PM i almost always accidentally doublejump as i tilt the main stick to uair. Is it so because in PM you can doublejump faster ?? It really feels so..

how do you guys instant uair ? with the c-stick ??
I am jumping (with Y) and buffering the main stick up, and immediately press the Z button to uair

is there a quite easier way ?? Am i doing it unnecessary difficult ?

The perfect Wavelands on Platforms for example are in PM easier (for me) because i can faster doublejump on a platform from the stage and as you already know, it is really making it easier to waveland horizontally out of CF's doublejump

In Melee i just cant hit the jump button twice fast enough to perfect waveland on platforms..
How do you perfect waveland on Platforms ??

BND

Smash Apprentice
Tested the frame data; it seems that, on Dolphin, at least, up/x/y -> let go for one frame (if using up) -> up again buffers a doublejump. Cstick's probably the way to go (unless you're good at tilting the stick).
Note that doing up air a bit late is a lot safer than doing it too early, which causes an upsmash input instead (unless, like I said before, you're tilting the stick, though that's not the easiest thing to do while under pressure), so in a sense the fact that the c-stick's located at an awkward position can be considered helpful.
Alternatively, if you really wanted to you could rebind a shield button to jump. Personally not a fan of rebinding anything, but whatever floats your boat.

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
GGs kman, sry fox makes my game crash same with some certain costumes, I prob should have mentioned that. Im just gonna wait til 3.6 is out for a viable fix

MrKidneyShiv

Smash Rookie
I do Almost all of Falcon's aerials with C stick because the majority of the time i fast fall them. if you play with tap jump cant you just tap up to jump and hit A? thats how i do it if i'm using tap jump (i alternate). as for wavelands it's really just practice. I'm not sure how else to put it

Top Bottom