• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Special Event - April 28th, 2013 - Baton Rouge, LA

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Melee Special Event
4/28/13​

Melee Singles-$5
Melee Doubles-$5 per player
Other Tournaments-$5 each

Payouts

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Schedule
11-Brawl Singles
12-Melee Doubles
2pm-Melee Singles
4pm-N64 Singles

Melee Ruleset

- Items are set to off.
- Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
- Double Blind*: If elected.
- Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
- Neutral Start*: If elected.
- Standard DSR*
- Gentleman’s Clause*
- Forced Character Selection*: Off
- Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Stage list:
Neutral: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
Counter pick: Pokemon Stadium

Extra Rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Kirbycides count towards the Kirby winning the match.

N64 Smash Ruleset

-5 stock
-No Items
-Best 2 of 3
-Double Elimination
-Grand Finals will be decided by a best 3 of 5 matches and if the winner of the loser bracket wins a final set best 2 of 3.
-Starter Stage: Hyrule
-Neutrals:Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo
-Grandfinals time limit 10 mins per match

D

Deleted member

it has been changed. it said 9:00 pm where it now says 11:00 am. and i am sad because i cant come now. 5 days notice is not enough to request off work >.>

Bomber7

Smash Hero
it has been changed. it said 9:00 pm where it now says 11:00 am. and i am sad because i cant come now. 5 days notice is not enough to request off work >.>
I think the default is 9pm. Maybe Erick forgot about that when making the thread. But that sucks you can't make it. Also, how much time in advance do you melee players need in order to make it to these events? 3 weeks or something?

Griffard

Smash Ace
I think the default is 9pm. Maybe Erick forgot about that when making the thread. But that sucks you can't make it. Also, how much time in advance do you melee players need in order to make it to these events? 3 weeks or something?
How about more than one week or something?

Also, consider listening to what your possible attendees say about their availability, or your tournaments will continue to have low attendance/interest/quality.

Edit: really not trying to be a ****, but you're making it so soooo hard for me to give a **** about your events, next year I'm starting my own series in NOLA so people have a reasonable alternative. I'm just trying to play some competitive smash, man

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Very much noted. Though I'm not responsible for running melee events. I just run Get Hype for Brawl.

And we also do have a circuit thread which the link for that is in the OP of the LA thread. It has a list of events and when they will occur. I highly suggest you take a look at it and see which events you really want to go to for future reference.

D

Deleted member

Except the thread said it was going to be on Saturday, not Sunday. Which if someone requested off for they would be extra pissed after losing money by not working Saturday and still not being able to attend the tournament on Sunday.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well in that case, I can't say anything more. I still can't control these things, unless it's a tournament I personally run/coordinate. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. :(

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The issue with the BRM is we have no venue that will offer us a Saturday. LazerTag's owners have refused us Saturdays until after Summer. They claim they're too busy to accommodate us. Its either Sunday tourneys or no tourneys in BR no other option as of now. I and the new TO taking over have been to many card shops and places of the likes no one seems interested so far.

I was thinking we could try to work with Littlewars along side the fighters but many of the FGC don't like us stepping on their toes. Especially if we take up extra room they could use for more fighters. I have not yet approached the situation.

If you guys have any ideas I'm open for suggestions.

-Erick

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I feel a bit stupid for not thinking of this before, but if you want, I could look in and see if we could use the Chinese Inn for BRMs. The owners know me and if your brother could build a relationship with them, then you'd have decent venue at the ready on Saturdays. Just a thought.

Top Bottom