• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee/Sm4sh Tournament in Springfield, MA

Game Play Springfield Smash Tourney RSVP

• Yes, I'm going to attend (Melee only)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, I'm going to attend (Smash Wii U only)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, I'm going to attend for both games

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Maybe I'll attend

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I'm not going to attend

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

AnonRedpanda

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnonRedpanda
Game Play Springfield location info:
Address: 1665 Boston Rd., Springfield, MA
Phone: 413-543-1331

Good afternoon, friends. The Game Play USA location in Springfield, MA is going to be hosting a SSBM and SSB Wii U tournament on Saturday, March 28. We are trying to breathe life into the Western Mass smash scene as it is the great connector between a medley of regions including Upstate NY, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Boston. I'm working directly with the manager of Game Play Springfield and will be co-T.O along with him, and a few others. Assuming we break 100 entrants (which happened last tourney) we will have a prize pool exceeding $1,000. But why stop at 100? I know there are a bunch of you raring to get into the tourney grind, but with no outlets within reasonable commuting distance. Well, we're here to change that! If this tournament goes well, we will immediately be prepping for another tournament that will greatly exceed this upcoming tournament in size and quality. The rules have will be as directed in the Apex 2015 Ruleset. We want to make this a regularly monthly tournament series with various gaming nights throughout the interim periods. Since this would be the "pilot" tourney, please be patient if there hiccups here and there. We're doing this out of love for Smash, and out of the love of competition, so come on out and support us and the New England Smash scene!

P.S Please check out the poll to RSVP

P.S.S
ATTENTION: I'm the OP of the Smashboards thread relating to the Springfield tourney as well as the co-organizer. We need some more Melee discs and are will waive the venue fee for the FIRST 4 people to bring their melee discs over. We have enough consoles (Wiis/Gamecubes) but are in need of some more copies of Melee. PM me or contact the venue as given in the thread to RSVP.

Very hype for this tourney, and I'm glad you're showing interest in it. Let's build the Western Smassh scene together, woooo.

Last edited:

NamelessDerp

Smash Rookie
NNID
NamelessDerp
3DS FC
4141-2465-0272
It's about time we get something around here. Smashing grounds, while awesome to attend, is just too long of a trip, so this is perfect. There's no way I'm missing out on this.

Robd321

Smash Rookie
Awesome I live five minutes away. Gaming Underground is too far for me right now

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Hype! This is like five minutes from me :D
Awesome I live five minutes away. Gaming Underground is too far for me right now
really? apparently there are more Springfield smashers now huh?

i will be there for casuals in Melee, i work too late to enter, but even if i could i wouldn't as i play for fun now and no longer train. i will play with anyone though

Top Bottom