• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Remaster Shader (v. Top 8 Complete 7/12/17)

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Melee Remaster Shader Marth and Sheik Complete(MSC) Released!

Download
Don't forget about the textures! Get them here: Link

Installation: Drag the folders inside MRemaster Shader into your dolphin emulator folder in your user documents.
IF it asks you to replace anything please do so.

Approach with this version.
With this shader I tired to mimic how SSBM looks on an high grade CRT monior/TV (Like a BVM), boost the highlights of the orignal asthetic and go more with the competitive theme of melee.

As with each MRemaster shader I only take into account the textures completed. Although other textures do
benefit from the shader.

Like for every new ishiiruka build, I redid the shader from scratch but here are the notable changes from falco complete:

I'll be posting changes based on the panel from which the settings are from in the graphics configuration of ishiiruka dolphin.

Post-Processing Panel:
  • I now use three differnt glsl files, Ishiiruka, Dolphinfx and SSAO2.
  • A second SSAO called SSAO2 was added to work with the original SSAO to provide a nicer ambient occlusion.
  • Original SSAO modified to work with the new SSAO and aformentioned current approach with this version.
  • Scene tonemapping was redone to be more aligned to both the new SSAOs and
  • Bloom adjusted in accordance to tonemap change.
  • Texture Sharpening Added to make fine texture details more apparent. This is more noticable for close up screenshots.
  • May be useful for those of you who want to make HD renders with the shader.
  • Pixel Vibrance changed to go with bloom, and tonemap adjustments.
  • Filmic process changed to go with pixel vibrance, and tonemap adjustments.
  • Contrast enchancment used to balance out filimic process and tonemap adjustment.
  • Gamma correction used to balance out tonemap adjustment.
Enchancemnts Panel:

Here I'll be listing what I have on as well as reconmened settings for rasing and lowering based on your performance.

Internal Resolution: Any but before going below 720p disable per-pixel lighting as anything below that resolution will
not really make use of its or its sub effect's features.

Anti-Aliasing: Drop this before you drop resolution. I like to keep mine at 2x for anything above a vertical resolution
of 900 pixels.

Anisotropic Filtering: Put this at w/e you like, effect in melee is minimal, with little peformance hit.
  • Scaled EFB Copy and Force Texture Filtering are activated
  • Per-Pixel Lighting is activated, along with its sub-class enchnaments: Phong Lighting and Auto Bumps
  • Phong Lighting adjusted to give a rim lighting similar to SSB4 ad just provide good artifical ssgi-ish effect.
  • Auto Bumps added to enchance textures and really pop out details.(Seriously this thing is crazy.)
  • Texture Scaling is enabled with my peferred method being smoothstep at 4x, you can change this to any really depending on your taste.
I hope you guys enjoy the changes, let me know if you like the direction I'm going with this! Also let me know if this version is just too demanding, I'll make a more high performance variant.

Last edited:

Wet Noodle the Leech

Smash Rookie
NNID
creeperpasta
I forgot all about this and I just got back into this. I have the shader installed but I have no idea what the DolphinFX thing is and where I put the config

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
The shaders (DolphinFX thing) go into username/documents/Dolphin Emulator/Load/ShaderPresets you just drag and drop the GALE01 folder into there.
The config folder just gets dragged and dropped into the dolphin emulator folder in your user documents.

If its still too hard to figure out, I'll steam the installation process, from a clean install on twitch, some time tomorrow. It would have to be when no one is home, since I haven't switch ISPs yet and my internet is terrible. I also don't have access to windows 7 right now where I did all my modding, thanks to my motherboard dying. Now I'm waiting for the RMA to come, so I'm stuck in a temporary hiatus. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Wet Noodle the Leech

Smash Rookie
NNID
creeperpasta
The shaders (DolphinFX thing) go into username/documents/Dolphin Emulator/Load/ShaderPresets you just drag and drop the GALE01 folder into there.
The config folder just gets dragged and dropped into the dolphin emulator folder in your user documents.

If its still too hard to figure out, I'll steam the installation process, from a clean install on twitch, some time tomorrow. It would have to be when no one is home, since I haven't switch ISPs yet and my internet is terrible. I also don't have access to windows 7 right now where I did all my modding, thanks to my motherboard dying. Now I'm waiting for the RMA to come, so I'm stuck in a temporary hiatus. :ohwell:
Thanks!

All Things Gaming 6

Smash Apprentice
Guide (click on links for visual aids):
  1. Download the latest build of Ishiiruka's custom dolphin.
  2. Extract it to a folder where you would want the emulator to be. (Use extract here)
  3. Go inside the build folder and select the Sys folder.
  4. Go inside Shaders.
  5. Delete absolutely everything EXCEPT IshiirukaFX.glsl (How it will look)
  6. Go to your documents folder and find the Dolphin Emulator folder.
  7. Drag and drop the load folder within the SSB4 Shader 2.0.zip into the Dolphin Emulator folder.
  8. Start up dolphin.
  9. Go to config set it to what anther's ladder guide has.
  10. Go to graphics, set Post-Processing Effect to IshiirukaFX. Everything else is up to you.
I can't find IshiirukaFX.glsl.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Melee Remaster Shader Top 8 Complete

Download (Mid Fi)
Download (Hi Fi)

For Textures: Link

Installation: Drag the folders inside M Remaster Shader into your dolphin emulator folder.
IF it asks you to replace anything please do so. (Note must be either Faster Melee or Another Ishiiruka Build)

Changes:
  • Made lighting slightly softer.
  • Tweaked Light Parameters Under Enhancements more. (Slightly More Rim, less bump)
  • Significantly changed SSAO.
  • Film strength effect slightly reduced.
Overall there was not much to change on this since Ishiiruka has mostly been the same in the current builds including the its Faster Melee distributions. Mostly just edited to accomedate Ice Climbers and Falcon's completed textures for the remaster.

Last edited:

HoDANG

Smash Rookie
Melee Remaster Shader Top 8 Complete
Changes:
  • Made lighting slightly softer.
  • Tweaked Light Parameters Under Enhancements more. (Slightly More Rim, less bump)
  • Significantly changed SSAO.
  • Film strength effect slightly reduced.
Awesome! My PC cannot handle the 4x MSAA and 4k resolution, but I just bought a new laptop. I cannot wait to test this on my laptop tomorrow after work! :D great job man and thank you so much for continuing to support these awesome projects :D

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
Ed94 Ed94 Could you please update the link to the SSB4 shaders? It looks like Dropbox took them down, and I would really like to try them out. Thanks!

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Ed94 Ed94 Please fix the link to the SSB4 Shader
Fixed. Someone asked me on discord for the link so I came on here to fix it too, wish I had time to do this more lol. (Maybe when I'm not in income hell I can mess with FRAY and put in a graphical overhaul)

Nifaso

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LEFF#497
Video Guide:

Courtesy of HoDANG: Link

Prerequisites:

Ishiiruka's Custom Dolphin

Download:

SSB4 Shader 2.10

SSB4 Shader 2.12 (This is config brings back some of the vibrancy but less color correction.)

Guide (click on links for visual aids):

Download the latest build of Ishiiruka's custom dolphin.
Extract it to a folder where you would want the emulator to be. (Use extract here)
Go inside the build folder and select the Sys folder.
Go inside Shaders.
Delete absolutely everything EXCEPT IshiirukaFX.glsl (How it will look)
Go to your documents folder and find the Dolphin Emulator folder.
Drag and drop the load folder within the SSB4 Shader 2.0.zip into the Dolphin Emulator folder.
Start up dolphin.
Go to config set it to what anther's ladder guide has.
Go to graphics, set Post-Processing Effect to IshiirukaFX. Everything else is up to you.

Performance:

This runs suprisingly well considering what it does. I'm running this at 2x internal resolution at full screen 1600x900 with no slow downs. The hardest thing that hits the game is yoshi breaking out of his egg. If you don't get slow down with that then your fine. (This was when I had a ATI5750 and Intel i7-870.)

On a R9390 gpu and FX-8350, I can run run it at 3x internal res, with 2 samples of AA, 8x AF, fullscreen 1080p, with SSAA.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
The video guide was privated so I cant use it and the other one is very confusing for me as the screenshots look completely different to slippi spesifically after #5 and after trying it anyways it messed up my slippi compleatly and I had to reinstall it. I dont know what to do, maybe updating the screenshots so they look like theyd look for slippi would help, remaking the video guide would probably just fix all of this but I dont want to make you have to do all that again if your busy I just really want to get it in there as it looks super cool and if other people could get it working too we could do **** with it. Idk if you still use smashboards though but if you do some help would be apreciated :)

Top Bottom