• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE powershielding.. and should one bother

Hunter_R

Smash Cadet
I don't know. Do you think a move that allows you to get a free hit on your opponent is worth learning?

Admittedly, Wolf has his reflector that is much easier to use, but still.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
ultimately i guess my question was.. is it worth the risk of timing?

i think gimpy or alpha posted somewhere that it was easier to do in brawl because it allowed more frames and i was wondering if any of the better players thought it was worth practicing or are practicing it

edit** hunter i apologize, i should have clarified my blunt post to avoid your sarcasm.. MELEE powershielding not projectile

Hunter_R

Smash Cadet
ultimately i guess my question was.. is it worth the risk of timing?

i think gimpy or alpha posted somewhere that it was easier to do in brawl because it allowed more frames and i was wondering if any of the better players thought it was worth practicing or are practicing it

edit** hunter i apologize, i should have clarified my blunt post to avoid your sarcasm.. MELEE powershielding not projectile
I know what you meant. I was saying that the reflector will still make Wolf invulnerable (even to a physical attack) for a moment and simultaneously damage your opponent. It's easier to pull off, in my opinion, but less rewarding than powershielding. Powershieldinging should still be learned.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I disagree. I think this whole Down B invincibility Wolf thing is getting way out of hand, just as his Side B has. Way over rated.

Power shielding is ridiculously easy to do in this game. I do it like, 70% of the time unintentionally.

And to answer your question, yes. If your opponent has really quick aerials like Wolfs bair or marths fair, then it would be something useful to learn because it makes shield grabbing that much easier.

Top Bottom