• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
I see that most members posting here are well into the WA scene and all, and are most likely pretty established into a groove or niche in the Smash scene here.

Still, I just moved to the Redmond area to work full-time, but if there's anyone around that's within reasonable driving distance that's wants to Smash Melee/Brawl, feel free to PM me or reply here. I'm not amazing but I'm not a n00b either. I browsed through and rather than start a new Redmond/Bellevue thread, just decided to post in the only WA thread I could find.

Cheers.

I see that most members posting here are well into the WA scene and all, and are most likely pretty established into a groove or niche in the Smash scene here.

Still, I just moved to the Redmond area to work full-time, but if there's anyone around that's within reasonable driving distance that's wants to Smash Melee/Brawl, feel free to PM me or reply here. I'm not amazing but I'm not a n00b either. I browsed through and rather than start a new Redmond/Bellevue thread, just decided to post in the only WA thread I could find.

Cheers.
Most of SKYPAL live around there. I think they're planning on hosting monthly tournaments in that area. Keep your eyes open for a thread on it in the pacific West Forums.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
There's nothing wrong with Norfair, Electroplankton kind of a tough one to say. There's nothing specifically wrong with it, but it's a very weird level, and there's a lot of potential for kinda annoying things to happen...plus the stage itself is very distracting. I don't know if that's good enough of a reason for banning though.

Absolutely no reason to ban Norfair though. Definitely a counterpick level.

EDIT: Also, K Walk, I live in that general area. PM Me if you want to Brawl some time.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Hmm wanna tell me what i do need to unlock? I have all the chars and i dont know what stages are banned and what not plus i dont think i have the thing that lets you choose what stages you can have on random. unless that was already available.

Eggz

Smash Hero
the instant kill lava almost never kills lol

we were playing ffas there all day yesterday >_> lol

anyone whos coming over

701 high street sultan WA

425-923-5796

feel free to come over

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Most of SKYPAL live around there. I think they're planning on hosting monthly tournaments in that area. Keep your eyes open for a thread on it in the pacific West Forums.
Thanks SW. I assume SKYPAL is a crew around here? Anyways, I'll keep my eyes peeled for those tourneys. And if anyone lives near Redmond Town Center so do I, I'd be down for some friendlies.

TheBard

Smash Rookie
Darn shame I'm going to miss this. Currently based in Colorado, but headed out to Seattle soon for graduate school. Honestly, I'm not sure I want to wade through 509 pages here, but can anyone give me the general condition of the Smash community, especially at UW?

ZelgadisA027123

Smash Cadet
I can't speak for the GC community, as this will be my second tourney there. I think it's safe to say that 510 pages makes for a pretty dedicated group, though.

What I can do is vouch for the UW community. I play with a group of very good people (around 8) - including Vish, currently ranked 13th in state - at least once a week, and we are all intensely evenly matched. If you're going to be around UW, you should definitely PM me and I can fill you in on our weekly friendlies.

And now here's a question that goes out to everyone going to GameClucks tomorrow - I read on the website that they've only got 2 wiis and 2 copies of Brawl. I'd imagine this situation isn't up to date, but if any more equipment is needed, I could supply another system/game. I haven't read through all of the most recent posts, so I'm not sure if this is still an issue or not. I'll check this thread before I head out tomorrow (at 10), so if it seems like an extra would help out, let me know.

Let's have some epic matches!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Random Stages:---
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

stadium doesn't deserve neutral anymore, sorry. that's gotta get off the neutral set.

Stage bans:---
Luigi's Mansion
Mario
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Elden Bridge
Pokemon Stadium 2
Sky Pillar
Port Town
Warioware
New Pork City
The Summit
Skyworld
75m
Mario Bros.
Flatzone
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Hyrule Temple (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Onett (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)

corneria is probably banned because of the wall, which is silly, but whatever, doesn't bother me
luigi's mansion being banned is questionable, but it doesn't bother me enough to complain to much...

rules seem alright, but we better take stadium off random.

ZelgadisA027123

Smash Cadet
Youre not zelgadis.
bring your setup just cause. more the merrier.
i can tell you right now if you want to get involved in the smash community you are gonna have to change your name from zelgadis lol
****, they called my bluff!

Yeah, I've been using this name for years, so I'm disinclined to give it up. I was stoked when I found the DBR Zelgadis way back when, but I understand that he's got dibs on the name in the smash community. At the very least, his tag is "Zelgadis" in the original Japanese, while I just go by "ZEL" in English.

I've considered making additions to my tag, now that we can have 5 characters in it - but it will be a heart-wrenching experience.

Alright, so I'll bring my Wii and the whole deal. I've got all the characters and stages.

Jem.

Smash Master
Well.. You only have 25 posts, whats wrong with just making a new account? People dont care of your join date as long as you arent a random jerk to people. Unless people know you by it.

Top Bottom