• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee players near Dayton, OH?

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Hey Midwest smashers,

I recently moved into Dayton from southern Virginia and am hoping to find some local smash players to practice with. Does anyone know if this part of Ohio has any active smash players?

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Do you happen to play project:m at least? have you guys given it a shot?

It seems like a good middle ground and it's easy to get. Let me know if you guys ever do any campus events or anything. Even if it's brawl, it'd be cool to meet some people.

BeanBurrito

Smash Cadet
I've actually never played project:m, but I'd be open to it. And we don't really have any campus events, its just two of my buddies that are semi casual, but trying to get better, and me that play when we feel like. I also know two people nearby and we hope to have a smashfest soon. Either way, you're more than welcome to come to UD to play us whenver

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I guess I haven't mentioned that I go to UD as well. I transferred as a graduate student so I should be around campus from time to time.

Let me know if there's anytime you all are going to play this weekend or anything. I'd bring my wii with project:m to see if anyone finds it interesting. I'll send you my contact info in a pm.

Also, did you or your friends ever play with this guy named oBlackstar?

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=208586

He's supposed to be a melee player from the area but I can't seem to get a hold of him.

808Renzo808

Smash Rookie
I'm down to play some Melee. I am very good with falco so i'll definitely be a challenge.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hi, so to address some stuff @ Kukulza Kukulza :

If you are looking for Melee specific in the Dayton area, I'm just gonna mention @ PeppyWil PeppyWil Right here. For the Cincinnatti/Mason area, there's a scene there that hosts bi-weekly tourneys. You can chat with @PiBs and @Doctor X for that.

In Columbus, our smash scene is kinda small for Melee, but pretty large for PM. You can still join the OSU Melee Group if you want. Or you can contact @JamesBJames. Join the Columbus Brawl and PM Group for Brawl and (mostly) PM related stuff

Last edited:

ProStormTrooper

Smash Rookie
Hey Midwest smashers,

I recently moved into Dayton from southern Virginia and am hoping to find some local smash players to practice with. Does anyone know if this part of Ohio has any active smash players?
Hey dude, I would love to meet regularly and just smash too. Also, there is a tournament tonight online and I dont know the details but here is the link for EVERYBODY http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/HtJc7y5eNC

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, unfortunately, I moved back to Northern Virginia. While in Dayton I played with IvanLooze but I heard he moved to VA too??? Not sure, I haven't been able to get a hold on him.

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Anyone talk with IvanLooze? He just fell of the face of the Earth and isn't responding to my texts. He was supposed to move to VA but I haven't been able to get in contact with him.

TheMarsh

Smash Rookie
NNID
tedsterkid
There is a Melee/PM biweekly at Arcade Legacy which is in Fairfield which is pretty close to Dayton I guess

cuspacecowboy

Smash Rookie
If there's anyone looking to play melee at UD or can give me a ride to those weeklies then that'd be awesome. I've been looking for someone to play with but I haven't found anyone yet

dryspell

Smash Rookie
i live near the dayton area and have recently downloaded project M, i used to melee way back when but havent since like 08 so im pretty rusty. looking for some homies to practice with and de rust! pm me if your interested in meeting up!

MOHadam

Smash Cadet
If there's anyone looking to play melee at UD or can give me a ride to those weeklies then that'd be awesome. I've been looking for someone to play with but I haven't found anyone yet
I go to UD, unfortunately I cant drive to the weeklies but we could still be practice partners.

Pradagyy

Smash Rookie
Me and my friends play melee pretty much every day. We live in Xenia right next to Dayton whoever wants to smash!

Top Bottom