• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee model viewer

Morin0

Smash Lord
A program that lets you view in-game models like characters. I think the Brawl equivalent is BrawlBox.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Ask Internet Explorer.
He pretty much does all the hacking around here for Melee.
He is very knowledgeable.

NNID
dansalvato
Oh hey =P

Sadly, such a program does not exist. You can check out Melee Toolkit which allows the viewing/replacing of character textures and some node structures, with additional support to hopefully come in the future.

However, revel8n has basically figured out 99% of Melee's model formats and has succeeded in viewing/exporting some of these models as a proof of concept. As he is resuming work on Melee recently, we could see such a program quite soon!

voorhese

Smash Master
In LoL there are custom skins in which models are literally ripped from other games to replace the models of in game champs. And I have seen LoL champs move to brawl. Idk if they were ripped or not however. example; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aebfEnml24

would this be possible with melee characters? OR would u know how to do it with brawl models? cuz there are melee models moved to brawl etc.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I think the Melee character models that you see in Brawl are recreated through vertex hacking (?), so they change existing Brawl models to closely match their Melee counterparts.

Also, thanks, IE!

Top Bottom