• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Modding People in Cali

Starreaver1

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, it's been a longgg time since I've been on here. Long story short, laptop bricked, and I rage quit life =P
Just wondering if there are any NorCal people around that make it out to events? I'm still waiting on my harddrive data to get recovered (so I can get back to coding and not have to start from scratch), but it'd be nice to meet some people in this community.
@ DRGN DRGN I don't know if you make it down as far as the Foundry ever, but there's a Sacramento tournament coming up soon I think and I may be there. I'm in Pleasanton CA atm, would be nice if I could meet some of you wonderful people!

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
I do travel sometimes! I've been to many events in the bay, some big tournaments in SoCal, and recently I was at I'm not Yelling (where I actually met @Veggies). I haven't actually been to the Foundry yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about the place. And my brother, Delphiki (ICies player; recently won the national Melee Games event), goes there a bunch, so you may have seen him. He's been down there because he goes to Berkeley.

There are tournaments CONSTANTLY here. Multiple every week, seeing Melee, PM, and a little of the new smash. There were 15 Melee tournaments in sac just last month. It's crazy. The largest series' are Thunderdome and STM (Sac Town Melee).

Edit: Oh, and I'll also be going to EVO. I guess that's relevant. :p

If any of you guys are coming I can show you my awesome Melee suitcase setup.

Last edited:

Starreaver1

Smash Apprentice
@ DRGN DRGN were you at BH4 by any chance? I seem to remember someone with a Melee suitcase there. Also I'm only in Cali for another week, so the next Foundry (in a couple days) will be the only one I'll be attending in a while probably. I may make it to the Sacramento tournament on Saturday though, maybe I'll see you there?

DRGN

Technowizard
@ DRGN DRGN were you at BH4 by any chance? I seem to remember someone with a Melee suitcase there. Also I'm only in Cali for another week, so the next Foundry (in a couple days) will be the only one I'll be attending in a while probably. I may make it to the Sacramento tournament on Saturday though, maybe I'll see you there?
BH4?

I don't think I'll be making it to the Foundry this week. And you mean Blood Moon this weekend? Yeah, I think I'll be going to that.

Starreaver1

Smash Apprentice
BH4?

I don't think I'll be making it to the Foundry this week. And you mean Blood Moon this weekend? Yeah, I think I'll be going to that.
Big House 4. I guess it wasn't you then, but then that means you ain't the only one with a Melee suitcase! =P
I actually don't know what Blood Moon is, all I found was this http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-13-2015-lvl10gaming-melee-biweeklies-ca-sacramento.396995/
~Nvm I found Blood Moon on FB. Maybe I'll go to that instead of the biweekly thing.

DRGN

Technowizard
Oh, whaaaat? I didn't even know about this tournament series! Though looks like it's still new. And I don't recognize any of the names in that thread. Not only that, on their tournament page there are some pics up from past events, and I don't recognize any of the players. This might be an underground scene here that isn't connected to -or in the know about- the main Sacramento scene! How bizarre. I should message them. Though it would be more fun to just show up and blow their minds by taking the tournament with Zelda or Pichu or something, haha. Though it looks like this one has been canceled.

And no, I haven't been to Michigan. Would've been cool to see the design of another case though.

Starreaver1

Smash Apprentice
Guess I'm going to Blood Moon then instead, if possible. Hopefully I'll see you there and you can show off your case and stuff =P

I wonder who that other guy with the case was then...

Top Bottom