• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Melee @ Legends: 3rd Time's a Charm!

Melee @ Legends: 3rd Time's a Charm!
Posted by GhettoTastic
Legends Comics and Games 2, Vallco Mall - Cupertino, CA
Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

GhettoTastic

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! This is my third tournament I am running at Legends of the Game at Vallco Mall in Cupertino.

There is a MANDATORY Pre-Registration sheet. There is a maximum of 80 entrants allowed to enter. So signup ASAP!

Pre-Registration Form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iYFlv8-KAv-afSDHlDH2gBf1nYZNQ0CC_quBOEvgisE/viewform

This is also so I can be sure of how many people will actually be attending rather than assuming a small amount of people will show up, like last time.
There is a very definite possibility that you will not be allowed to sign up at the door since all 80 spots may already be reserved.

The event will be on Saturday, November 21st and will run from 12pm- around 7pm

We will be running Doubles AND Singles again.

Check-in time for both Singles and Doubles start when THE DOOR OPENS at 10am. Doubles Check-In close at 11:30 am. Singles Check-In will close around 1:30pm.

Doubles will start around 12:00pm.
Singles will start around 2:00pm.
(All registration and event start times are subject to change! So always plan on showing up early!)

Singles Entry fee will be $5 per person.
Doubles Entry fee will be $10 per team.
Venue/Spectators fee is $6. (This fee will NOT be waived by bringing a full setup, due to Legends being strict with their own venue fee policies. You can however get $1 off of your venue fee with a full setup)

PLEASE BRING SETUPS ♥
Bringing setups will allow the tournament to run even faster than it would if you didn't bring your setup :3

Prize payout for both Singles and Doubles will be:
60-30-10 (1st-2nd-3rd)

There will be one maybe two FRIENDLIES ONLY SETUPS in the venue. All other setups will be tournament only, and you may be D/Q'd for playing friendlies on any tournament only setups.
You will receive only one warning before being D/Q'd.

We will be using Evo 2015 Ruleset:
Game version: US Nintendo GameCube
Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land, Pokemon Stadium (Doubles Only).
Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium (Singles Only).
Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Last time I had an issue with the store not opening for me until 11pm, this will not be happening again, I assure all of you.
So feel free to show up early to bring your setups and play friendlies!

Hope to see all of your beautiful faces there once again!

GhettoTastic

Smash Rookie
Would there be any plans to have Smash 4 in the future aside from Melee?
Yes I definitely plan on running Smash 4 alongside Melee in the near future.
I am still new to the TO thing but I am getting decent at it fairly quickly.

I might feel comfortable enough to start running Smash 4 with Melee for my next tournament after this one.

arknight12

Smash Rookie
That would be great if you could include smash 4 at your next tournament, I'll be looking forward to it!

Top Bottom