• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Event 31???

Echo97

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to beat event 31 for like a month now, and every time it gives me a failure. I know it goes by score and that there's a lot of ways to accumnulate score, but nothing has been working. Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you make it work?? thanks

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Basically just get one kill and then run away or ledgestall for the remaining time. They're normal CPUs so you can treat this event like any other game against a CPU (on a walk-off stage). You can camp by the side blastline and back throw them off, or waveshine them off the blastline, or stand there forward smashing them with Marth over and over until they die, or plank with Jiggypuff, just to name a few strategies.

You could also play Master Hand: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Master_Hand_glitch

Last edited:

MayMay

Smash Rookie
most of the events aren't even fun, just frustrating, i've tried event #48 well over 100 times and it just makes me mad and not want to play the game. worst part is I cant unlock a map without doing them (FD)

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
most of the events aren't even fun, just frustrating, i've tried event #48 well over 100 times and it just makes me mad and not want to play the game. worst part is I cant unlock a map without doing them (FD)
You can use Master Hand for most events where you only have to take get kills or survive (including event 48), since on account of him being unable to be KO'd it's impossible to fail with him so long as you have the time to get enough kills. If you just get better at the game then you'll be able to do the events the normal way fairly easily, but you really don't need to be good at the game for it. There's a board dedicated to single player mode if you want specific help (http://smashboards.com/forums/1-player-mode.166/).

If you just want the unlocks and don't care about actually completing the events then you should download a completed save and use that (or you should be using 20XX if you have a Wii).

Last edited:

Echo97

Smash Rookie
Basically just get one kill and then run away or ledgestall for the remaining time. They're normal CPUs so you can treat this event like any other game against a CPU (on a walk-off stage). You can camp by the side blastline and back throw them off, or waveshine them off the blastline, or stand there forward smashing them with Marth over and over until they die, or plank with Jiggypuff, just to name a few strategies.

You could also play Master Hand: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Master_Hand_glitch
Thanks for the tip; I tried it without moving Master Hand at all and it gave me a failure, then i tried it while killing them with Master Hand and it gave me a failure. I really don't know what to do, i can't get any practice on FD now.. i don't know if it's the memory card or the gamecube or? Thanks a ton for the help anyways

glenn

Smash Cadet
I think this is a bug. I have always had this issue. Every year, I check to see if anyone is still talking about it. I've gotten well of 20 KO's without dying and still get failure. I've heard people theorize that it's actually points (as in bonus points), and not the number of stocks you take, but I've also debunked that. Not sure why some games result in this issue. However, watching other people play this event on youtube and succeed after KO'ing only 2 or 3 times, I'm convinced it's a bug. At one point, a long time ago, I did manage to beat it, but it seemed completely random after a string of "Failure" attempts. I just wish I still had that memory card.

Echo97

Smash Rookie
I think this is a bug. I have always had this issue. Every year, I check to see if anyone is still talking about it. I've gotten well of 20 KO's without dying and still get failure. I've heard people theorize that it's actually points (as in bonus points), and not the number of stocks you take, but I've also debunked that. Not sure why some games result in this issue. However, watching other people play this event on youtube and succeed after KO'ing only 2 or 3 times, I'm convinced it's a bug. At one point, a long time ago, I did manage to beat it, but it seemed completely random after a string of "Failure" attempts. I just wish I still had that memory card.
Yeah. I just bought a full save memory card off eBay. Who knows how long it would take to finally beat it..

Top Bottom