• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Confessions

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
1. I have 4 favorite characters to play
- One of the spacies depending on the day
- Marth
- Doc
2. Even though I spend most of my time with the spacies they are still the worst of my good characters

3. I cant waveshine with or sh reverse laser with either spacie

Haku_

Smash Rookie
I realized after playing for 6 months that I was only fast falling SHFFL aerials but nothing else (including my up-B as falcon.)

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
I find it very difficult to approach with a short hop (usually I end up full-hopping by mistake), and virtually impossible to get a decent rise with the Tornado. My L-cancelling is very inconsistent and I often times end up not doing it, and my wavedashing is kind of bad (sometimes I'll shield or jump while trying to do so).

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
I can pivot f tilt more consistently than I can gentleman
Man this is so crazy to me. I don't understand how people can't gentleman like 100% of the time. It actually really bothers me when I see S2J miss them....I can do it every single time I try in tourney sets and I'm not that technical.

Now, it is a very difficult small window when you aren't hitting anything but when you actually hit an opponent with the 3rd Jab you have a very large window to cancel it. For a while I used to think it was super hard because I was practicing it solo, but then I realized that the cancel is near impossible to miss when actually hitting someone.

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Here's some:
I use sm4sh controllers,
Can only wriggle multi shine with falco or use X to B to double shine
I main falco but use 5 other characters more often
I enjoy melee hell unironically

Edit: Can only moonwalk 10% to the right and 95% of the time left

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I once bet my brother (who doesn't play smash) $5 that I could beat him using only one finger. I picked marth and just f-smashed until I won.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I can't moonwalk, I can't wavedash consistently, I can't l-cancel consistently, I can't multishine, I can't Isai drop, I can't shield drop, I can't pc drop (the only things I can drop are combos), I can't combo, I can't use pivoting, I can't waveshine. But I'm the best player in my school. I can backthrow>shine.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
my doc is better then most of my other characters, and i only played him 2 times for fun

HartG21

Smash Cadet
I played marth as a casual but then when I went competitive, I switched to fox......

BetASTAR64

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-2889-2824
Can't chain grab for the life of me.

• Smash64 mains: Samus, Link
  • Melee mains: Samus, Roy, Mewtwo
  • Brawl/PM(No main yet): Sonic, Samus, Roy, Lucario, Ivysaur, Charizard
  • Sm4sh(Also no main yet but highly thinking about Sonic): Too many possible ones.

Top Bottom