• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Confessions

TheBSKR

Smash Rookie
Okay... This is me trying to make this lighthearted and fun, so Here's my Confession: Despite being in a marth main the whole time I've played melee (2-3 years now) I can't ken combo... I'm a disgrace I know ;( If you have any confessions post them for fun

Fester

Smash Rookie
been playing for nearly 3 years & havent gone to a single tournament. fixing this soon tho, going to one on monday

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
My Falcon is the most inconsistent thing in the universe. I got JV5'd by a top Peach in NC, (in friendlies) then took 3 stocks off of him next game, I took a stock and high percent (almost took 2nd stock) off of ESAM's Samus game 1 in a tourney without having ever played a Samus in bracket and then couldn't take a stock off of his Fox game 2, and I SD in about an eighth of my games (about a half of my friendlies, but that doesn't count because I'm trying to get more hype stuff that almost never works and usually gets me killed lol).

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I can't edgeguard with Bowser very well.. even though it's his best tool. But I'm a beast in neutral and my recovery is very good somehow.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I can moonwalk to the left (facing right) fine, but for some reason I can only moonwalk right (facing left) about half of the time.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing puff for nearly 2 years and I still have a terrible time trying to do rising pounds

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
Well, I got a couple confessions I can get off my chest:

1. When I finally learned wavedashing, I'm trying to learn to use it consistently and also not use it too frequently, as I have been using that a lot over dash-dancing. One example would the SDs I sometimes get with Yoshi (even though he's the best character I can perform wavedashing on, followed by Mario).

2. This one is about the spacies. For Fox, I don't play as much because I don't know how he works, but at least used the down-throw quite a bit to do (from ledge) KOs, and sometimes try to edgeguard with his shine. Falco, on the other hand, play more often, and play more better. I frequently use his down-aerial a lot either as a combo starter, finisher, or an extender, but mostly the latter. At least half my combos with Falco have at least hit with a down-air--either after a shine, juggle, or rarely a short hop.

I am a casual, these techniques competitors use surprise me. When I perform it, it's an accomplishment, even if it costs me in the end.

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Here's an extra I think roy beats capt.Falcon 7-3
Roy might be 7-3 against a CPU Falcon. Against a Human Falcon, Roy can pretty easily 0-death anywhere. Roy's weight and fall speed are perfect for all of Falcon's combo game, every move leads into something else.
Only stage where there might be hope is Final Destination, on Dreamland that MU is 100-0 in Falcon's favor.

There are a lot of Falco players locally, I love to use Mario against them all and I play extremely cheesy on purpose.
They don't know how to adapt to caped lasers, FH Dairs, and cross up Uairs. I play the opposite of Mang0, Cape that Up-B ASAP. I only really do this because a lot of them love trash talking and discussing how Falco's neutral is immaculate. It isn't and they aren't that good unfortunately.

Last edited:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
One time at a tournament I sat down to play this new kid at our local and bodied him, and based on his actions and the way he talked I assumed he had some form of autism. When we finished, I went to say "good game" and "You did a good job during that last game." It came out as a sarcastic "good job."

captainmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
captainmar
I can short hop about half the time and can't L-cancel for ****. I also have switched my main about 5 times since the start of the year (when I started getting into melee competitively).

Top Bottom