• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee and the Greco-Persian Wars

Smashbrother01

Smash Apprentice
Won't go into too much background detail, but I don't know why I never noticed this before (searched for this and didn't find anything so hopefully it hasn't been touched on).

The original theory (credit: KeeLime) was that Fox and Falco were spartans. Using this analogy, I found that Marth and Jigglypuff fill the two other major belligerents in the Greco-Persian war.

Spartans: Fox/Falco

Extremely Hard mode IRL. Spartans know their art, it's instilled as the single most important aspect of life beginning virtually at birth. Knowledgeable and adroitly able in all areas of warfare, they carry into battle not only their skills but also tricks to survive all challenges.
Well, perhaps they don't follow the mentality, but they definitely fit the bill physically. They have tools to beat any opponent in the game, and have arguably no difficult match-ups.

Athenians: Marth

Art ***s IRL. Aside from the incredible intellect that the Athenians possessed, they also had a great outlook on artistic expression. They revered beauty in all its forms, but they could also throw down when the time came. Marth is pretty and raeps.

Persians*: Jigglypuff
*More specifically, Xerxes.

The 300 version of Xerxes, at least. Slightly androgynous, appears to be more feminine than masculine at first but that soon reverses once you see who (guys) plays her and how they do it (dirty).

Misc.
We wanted to include Captain Falcon, but the only thing we could think of was some guy walking around having sex (metaphorically and literally) with everyone. So although the time period conflicts, he's Odysseus.

Falcon's Up B.

Top Bottom