• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman vs Samus and other matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

joachim

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6U735Ohb5M
Here is a video of me on FG versus a pretty good :4samus: I use falling Full hop lemons and full back hop Nairs. I use safe punishes even though I can go for a smash instead. Which is one of my main problems.

Do you think Megaman is 60/40 vs samus? As you can see in this video I think personally pellets destroy all samus's approach options. And Samus's aerial game is too predictable. Is megaman the better zoner in your OP vs Samus?

Also I think Megamans Worst matchups that are unwinnable at competitive play are :4metaknight::4zss::4sheik::4pikachu:

Megaman is combo fodder to these characters, because their dash grabs are some of the quickest in the game( C.F being the fastest) and MK dash attack makes pellets hard to zone with since he can cancel out pellet with Dash attack then dash attack again to break string.

And I think his nearly almost unwinnable matchups but still winnable are:4wario::4falcon::4sonic:

Doctor_Panduck

Smash Rookie
NNID
quickpoison
At a recent local, I talked to a top meta knight player (Katakiri) who also happens to secondary megaman. He told me how to play the matchup against sonic and metaknight. He said to use leaf shield... A LOT. sonic only has 1 move that can get past it, fsmash. leaf shield is a really good tool for those matchups. against falcon, i think megaman has a hard time on battlefield, but if you're playing on a flat stage or near flat, megaman can just zone out falcon with pellets. I secondary falcon so i can confirm. Thanks for the insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom