• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman matchup

Lil_Dirt

Smash Rookie
all hail the king baby.
so I've been maining the king and he's definately my favorite character to use. I say I am pretty decent as my FG record reflects so (not that it means anything) but also have won/put up a good fight against "pro" players in my area.
this weekend I made 3rd place in a local tourney and got beat by guys that finished 1st and 2nd. They were mega man and duck hunt respectively. My matches with them came down to the wire,l ast stock (of three) and both at 100%+ I had a real hard time getting anything on megaman as his jab stuns d3 way too much to get anything started ( lots of dthrows and f airs) and although not smart/popular when I tried to approach from the air mega mans just came out faster and harder.
DHD is about the same trying to approach avoiding the can but the landing lag after airdodging leaves me open to the godlike fsmash/usmash that hits HARD.
they were close matches and I did my best to try to figure out something but just couldn't.
anyone know anything that I am missing in my approach or is this just a battle that Dedede is just going to lose?
I WANT TO BELIEVE

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Looks like we live in the same area :O what tourney were you at recently? Anyways, I use DDD and Megaman as my subs so I feel i have a good grasp at what each of them can do. I cp ddds with my megaman a lot though, as how you've mentioned, lemons can wall ddd out really hard. That mixed in with metal blade and DDD is going to have a hard time approaching. It sucks for him as well as those options megaman has ALSO reflect gordos back at DDD giving him little ranged options as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHQqJx5p5M

Here is a link to a pretty good match between zucco's megs and Vex's DDD. You have to be patient in the mu and work around megaman's wall, megaman's game revolves around mid range pokes. Once you get in on megaman you need to go in hard. DDD can wrack up damage really quick off a good read so abuse that as much as you can. Also, Megaman's recovery can be pretty obvious, most will go low and rush coil to the ledge. As you see in that set, a lot of the ddd's kills were from spikes off of a recovery read. If you notice the megaman having the habit of recovering low you know what to do lol!

Lil_Dirt

Smash Rookie
thanks a lot dude for the feedback. I'll do my best if I can get that match up and tighten up the reads/punish. There is a place in Southside fort worth that does weeklies and while it doesn't get too many entrants we do have some good players show up several that go to infinity and beyond(which I'm pretty sure that where you play? Lol)

Top Bottom