• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman grabs: how does Scatt get those grabs confirms and how can this improve megaman meta

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
if you've seen final round, scatt went to grandfinals against anti. they were really close games and i noticed a huge noticeable difference he had from other megaman was his grabs. those grabs were key and on point. i would post the videos but they aren't up yet, but it'd be cool if somoene who know how scatt was getting those grabs can give insight about them

edit: scatt vs anti WInners finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7uhr6IwNxI

scatt vs anti grand finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mGCmm7HKsc

Last edited:

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
Neither did I... What tournament was it?

EDIT:
I'm stupid and didn't read... Waiting patiently for the footage to come up ;)

Last edited:

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
Seems like download + matchup knowledge to me. I haven't watched everything yet but this is really cool so far, will keep watching. I really want to work on getting more grabs.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
I wonder why Anti didn't play Mario :O

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
The most interesting grab confirm I saw was shorthop nair to f-tilt in order to cause a jab reset, thus allowing ScAtt to land the grab. Pretty slick, but seems hard to pull off consistently.

After watching this match, as well as a few others, I've decided I need to upgrade my pellet techniques. I have already been working on metal blade z-drop mixups, but less predictable pellets seem like they will also go a long way.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Most of the grabs he got were not confirms but from conditioning/mix ups.

He was lemon zesting a lot in neutral causing his opponent to get conditioned to shield a lot. After conditioning his opponent to shield he can capitalize on grabs.

Pretty basic tactic.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Great result. I bet Scatt got a lot of confidence after the sets with Anti despite the loss. Hopefully he bags Pound or bring some upsets.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Id say whats sets Scatt apart from others are his great skill with pellets. its so many different techs waved into each other most of the time used at the best times and situations. That and his edge guarding is on the level of the greatest players.

Top Bottom