• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega skid to shield time

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I'm looking for character full run to skid stop shield times I couldn't find it anywhere.

On the site with all of the character rankings (I think kurog something or other) has a bunch of rankings but not this one.

This is different than looking at run speed and traction because traction is when they come to a stop after running without putting up their shield.

I was playing around with mega man and practicing only using non projectile attacks and realized it takes so long for him to stop and put up shield compared to most of the cast, I wasn't sure if there was a rankings list for this anywhere.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Mega's is pretty slow. He'd be broken beyond belief with Corrin's 7 frame shield + leaf shield + metal blade + pellets lol

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Yes he would be broken then as Megamang said, same if he had more easy access to dmg combos like some mega man mains think he lacks.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea. His combos are pretty damaging anyways. Uair stuff frikkin hurts, uthrow leads into air shooter really reliably if you are creative with it (variable altitude throws off their airdodge timing before they can really react to fullhop v shorthop, and FH Bair or SH DJ Bair also mixup powerfully for a lot of damage and knockback). His grab game is actually bonkers; if you get a snatch with leaf shield running and get a single pummel in, thats 11% + throw damage, leading to ~23%. This is better than Diddy's grab conversions, and while it isn't as totally reliable, it isn't exactly difficult to do near that much. Bthrow in particular throws them through the leaves, and its our most damaging throw anyways so perfect...

Metal Blade confirms do a lot of damage. Z drop metal blade + bair/uair can trap them against the blade doing STUPID damage, related to the hitbox.

Mega is dope ya'll, im getting too excited.

Top Bottom