• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man's a-landing. Let's figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, there was a new tech video released about a-landings, which is basically a lagless landing that you can initiate out of tumble.

My mobile doesn't let me post links in here, so if someone can do that for me, that would be clutch.

This tech would certainly help Mega Man, as it will give him many more options when he touches the ground after taking a hit.

I am fully aware that nair is lagless and can be jump cancelled when he hits the ground, but he can still be shield grabbed, and is also locked into that animation until you stop shooting.

Imagine if you were tumbling, and someone ran up to you holding shield anticipating a shield grab, and you LAGLESSLY land into a grab or a delayed uptilt to catch them off guard. The potential for swinging the tides while coming down from above is a big deal for Mega Man since that's something he struggles with. Let's work on this and advance our boy's meta.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, Sorichuudo Sorichuudo wanted to look at it, buuuut I still believe landing with a NAir is already pretty safe.
If you really want to go for A-Landings, DAir can Auto-Cancel between Frame 1-4. (Thanks to KuroganeHammer tho)

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah, as Diamond Octobot Diamond Octobot said, i also wanted to talk about this, but turns out, our aerials are pretty much useless for it since the autocancel window for all of them is daaaaaamn strict :I

In the video from Beefysmashdudes, they mention how Greninja's Fair is great for it cause the autocancel window in the beggining is from frame 1 till 12, while his bair sucks for it cause its 1 till 3, wich makes it harder. All of our aerials are also frame 1 till 3/4.

So we are stuck with Nair.

Greward

Smash Lord
With our nair the use of a-landing for megaman becomes pretty worthless. still ok to do tomahawks when in hitstun i guess. But its probably the character that needs that AT less in the game.

dair is your best bet i think, but still requires super tight timing since its frame 1-4. Bair is second best with 1-3.

Imo it's not worth it to bother with this AT. 1-4 frame is a very tight window and nair is good enough for most situations. If you fail the dair a-cancel its 24 frames of landing lag which is huge :/

I remember using a-cancel back in brawl to change the pikmin lineup with Olimar. I didn't know it was called a-cancelling though lol

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Just decided today to start practicing this, I actually have an easier time with bair than any other aerial, but the more I practiced it, the more I realized that this is actually pretty worthless, at least as far as MegaMan is concerned (and I have a hard time really thinking about where it would be a useful reward for the risk given the other characters I play). That window is itty-bitty, and screwing up almost leads to worse trouble than if you just landed and didn't tech. Interestingly enough, I think every time I do it with dair, I land straight into a slide, so there's that. Still, the risk of having all of that landing lag is not worth a slide.

I was actually on my way here to make a thread about this if it hadn't been made just to see if I was alone in that verdict. In the end, I agree completely with Greward. No other character in the game has the kind of options MegaMan has after being hit - a ranged nair that also just happens to literally be a jab upon landing, and a projectile that on demand goes in practically any direction, and an active hitbox that travels with you as you fall/land.

...It's really weird to play a character where you can honestly say "I have better options than a lagless landing", but that's the world us Mega Men live in.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Wow. We only have 3 moves that this works with? Fair between 1 and 2 frames, Bair between 1 and 3 frames, and Dair between 1 and 4. It really does seem like pellet play would be easier to do. I'll have to lab this a bit though.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I still think that if we have a move like Greninja's forward aerial, so that it would be easier to do this, it could be a great option for us.
But as i said before, since all our aerials suck for this, don't even bother, its useless.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Unless we get a buff in the coming patch in the next three days(?) there's no point in keeping this thread open, which even then I think most mains would prefer landing lag reductions for our aerials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom