• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man - Final Smash Speculation

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
I am aware he has not yet be confirmed. I am also aware that I have only 2 posts on this forum, but my reason for joining was to see what other players think about Mega Man, since I hope he will be a playable character in Brawl.

If Mega Man is confirmed and given a full attack set, without regard to the other attack possibilities, what could his final smash be?

Personally, I think it would be wonderful if his final smash used Freeze Man's attack and froze everyone on the level -- except yourself. While frozen, the other players would rapidly gain damage (just like in Mega Man 2), but you would also be free to inflict extra damage on any or all characters that you desired to within the given time limit of the freeze.

Of course, the nostalgic "CHING" sound effect would precede the "freeze" by a split second. I think that would be great.

I would lean more towards something like this for Mega Man's final smash and not something involving a charged buster because Samus' final smash would look vaguely similar and I'm going for originality here.

Other ideas?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
This should really go into the Megaman thread.

Post your ideas there, this doesn't deserve a thread on it's own.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
I think a rush summon would be the ideal final smash for megaman. If you could cycle through his transformations, it'd give a neat set of abilities to megaman, like flying around the stage.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
I think a rush summon would be the ideal final smash for megaman. If you could cycle through his transformations, it'd give a neat set of abilities to megaman, like flying around the stage.
I really like the rush idea, but how would rush inflict damage on other players?

I suppose you could transform with rush (a la Mega Man 7), and pwn people with the flying fist of justice.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
well, the megaman I have in mind would be the battle network one, so maybe insteadof it bein megaman, itd be lan. kinda like how pokemon trainer is. His final smash would be life sword. first he'd slash with a sword, the second slash widely with a wide sword, and slash powefully with a long sword then yell out."Program advance! Life sword!" and a giant green blade would super slice the enemies into julienne fries. lol

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
well, the megaman I have in mind would be the battle network one, so maybe insteadof it bein megaman, itd be lan. kinda like how pokemon trainer is. His final smash would be life sword. first he'd slash with a sword, the second slash widely with a wide sword, and slash powefully with a long sword then yell out."Program advance! Life sword!" and a giant green blade would super slice the enemies into julienne fries. lol
I will admit, I played the first of the Mega Man Battle Network series, and to some degree I highly enjoyed it, but we're really talking about two different games that use the same characters.

Personally, I would MUCH rather play and fight AS Mega Man as opposed to controlling him as LAN. I don't prefer the Battle Network Mega Man design either... Call me old school but that new-fangled Mega Man just doesn't suit my fancy.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice

He already has a final smash set up for him.

Also, I think some sort of Rush Tackle would be a good Side-B move. It'll give him either Leaf Shield, Tornado, a soccerball, or any of his other powers. If he hits another character, Megaman will copy the Side-B attack of the character Rush tackled; and Rush can be used as a semi-soniclike spring.

Top Bottom