• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man and the Custom Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
I'm curious as to what custom moves compliment each-other in a single set and which ones are the best to add into Mega Man's default set of special moves.

What are their uses, their strings, etc.

I only have Shadow Blade and Ice Slasher, are they of any use?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Shadow Blade helps us in the Rosa MU since she can't stall our Neutral B by grabbing the blade after she does Gravitational Pull. Also helps due to the boomerang effect it has to deal damage.

Ice Slasher, on the other hand, is poor compared to Megaman's other Side Specials. It just doesn't really have as many applications as the others. Danger Wrap can hit opponents recovering high, and Crash Bomber works too well as a delayed bomb to ditch for a chance at freeze.

Tornado Hold has some tech properties, but Beat is too slow comparatively.

Skull Barrier works wonders in projectile fights, but plant barrier does some good damage over time.

That being said, there should be a Custom Moveset Project thread up and active....

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Only ones I use are danger wrap, plant barrier, skull barrier, and beat

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
The problem with Mega Man's customs is that all of his moves are good, and all of his moves are good in pretty much every permutation.

In high level play, where people are less likely to fall for Crash Bomb mindgames, Danger Wrap is pretty much a straight upgrade (although there are some good things to be said about Ice Slasher as well, but that's really a player preference thing)

Everything else is really player and matchup dependent. Try to unlock them all and give them all a go.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
So let's see how I feel overall about the moves...

Shadow Blade it's a pretty good option for catching opponents and it's pretty safe, you can also get a grab out of it or something else. The thing is, it doesn't work very well with Skull Barrier because you lose your pick up item (Metal Blade), so I recommend just using it with Plant Barrier or Leaf Shield.

Hyper Bomb... no. I really don't see any use of it.

Ice Slasher gives some situational tricks on specific percents, so it's not really a bad custom (And I don't really like vanilla Crash Bomb, it feels rather meh),but Danger Wrap it's amazing.

All three of the USpecs are amazing, Tornado gives you a HUGE projectile to mess around with your opponent and Beat gives you LOTS of mobility in the air (It also has a momentum glitch where it gives you the double of the momentum it should)

Same thing with DSpecs, just pick what you like <3

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I like to use Danger Wrap, Tornado Hold, Plant Barrier and occasionally Ice Slasher (gives stage control, opens up kanding traps and Air Shooter Juggles, and actually does shield damage and knockback unlike the other two sidebs). Honestly, none of Mega Man's customs are drastically better than the others, they're all either MU-dependent or preference-based and pretty much all of them are debatable. As popular as it is, even Danger Wrap is debatable, it isn't even a straight upgrade to the other two sidebs.
  • You lose a great mindgame tool from Crash Bomber
  • You sacrifice possible stage control from Ice Slasher
  • Can't do a thing to shields and just bounces off one. Crash Bomber can 'splode on shields from the inside, Ice Slasher actually does shield damage on its own.
  • It still has the problem of getting out-prioritized by like everything
  • Terrible weapon in Mega Man 7, plus Burst Man sucks :troll:

Last edited:

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
Hyper Bomb... no. I really don't see any use of it.
I actually find hyperbombto be a great zoning tool since you force the opponent to ocuppy the space you want them to be in
Also it's edgeguarding utility is amazing
And you can grab and regrab it infinately if you're fast enough, making the oponent guess when exactly you're going to actually throw it
But on the other hand you lose metal blade/shadow blade and that sucks
Though this is coming from someone that it's prefered build is 1313

Really Metal Blade and shadow blade are something like this
Do you want range and general utility (super glide toss comes to mind) or to have some lockdown shenanigans and avoid the problem of the oponent grabbing your projectile?

In the case of the down Bs
leaf shield: utility,overall very useful and all-around great
skull barrier: makes some match ups easier to deal with (great synergy with metal blade and crash bomb)
plant barrier: offensive play and great edgeguarding (I actually find the slow speed quite useful if not a bit situational, I'd be way better if it were multihit)

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Shadow Blade helps us in the Rosa MU since she can't stall our Neutral B by grabbing the blade after she does Gravitational Pull. Also helps due to the boomerang effect it has to deal damage.
Rosalina can Grav. Pull and grab the Shadow Blade. If she jumps as she pulls, she can catch the blade before it hits the ground and vanishes. This will deprive Mega Man of his Shadow Blade until it disappears.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Rosalina can Grav. Pull and grab the Shadow Blade. If she jumps as she pulls, she can catch the blade before it hits the ground and vanishes. This will deprive Mega Man of his Shadow Blade until it disappears.
Even so, it's harder for her to grab it since she jumps and leaves herself open for a Utilt/Usmash.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
ive been using hyper bomb and it feels like you got have awesome lemon game, like almost perfect, and combo off with hyper bomb when you get the chance.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
She doesn't even need to jump. Gravity Pulling it turns it into an item at her feet.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I wonder if it doesn't make Hyper Bomb a viable choice against Rosalina...
I mean, she can't catch it with Grav. Pull if she is on the ground and you still can make an item to hold on if anything happens.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
wat do you guys thin is the most versatile tornado set? i think it's 1323, cuz danger wrap is a good combo with tornado and plant shield is okay against projectile-non projectile opps

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I use 1122 TC

In high level play, where people are less likely to fall for Crash Bomb mindgames, Danger Wrap is pretty much a straight upgrade (although there are some good things to be said about Ice Slasher as well, but that's really a player preference thing)
At best, the one mind game it produces is to force opponents to approach Mega Man. From there you can actually run past them especially if their running speed is faster than average. Crash Bombs do not stick on the first second in which this particular situation would call for a pivot grab and up throw.

IMO the wrap isn't much of an upgrade to me especially when customs are allowed when there's the Skull Barrier and Tornado Hold which compliment the Crash Bomb quite well.

Skull Barrier + Crash Bomb = Grab

Tornado Hold + Crash Bomb = Can poke through your shield.

I know the wrap is quite popular since it kills, combos, and has uses such as covering your recovery. Personally, I'd prefer a tool I can use both offensively and defensively.

Now, unless I'm using the plan barrier, I'd probably use the wrap, while the rest I can't decide.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I haven't played much customs, so take this with a grain of salt, but I can't see the use for Plant Barrier anymore, and I see very little use for Danger Wrap. The only time I'm not constantly sticking someone with Crash Bomb is if it's a rushdown character (F***ing Shiek!) who doesn't give me the space to do so. In those cases, the rushdown character kicks/punches through DW anyway...I might land one or two per game. Ice Slasher seems better in that case. As for Plant Barrier, I've changed my mind from before and consider it to be a large downgrade from Leaf Shield. Yes, it's more durable than LS, and opponents cannot pierce it as easily, but it's just so slow to activate, and doesn't last very long. I use LS all the time while landing, and even with excellent spacing, it just barely activates in time to get the flinch and reverse the situation. Everyone I play remarks how surprising it is that LS can be used so effectively to stop strings and occasionally gimp. It's hard to imagine being as effective in any matchup without those options, with the exception of stuff like custom Villager, where you want to be reflecting.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I find Plant Barrier more useful in my experience.
  • Petals don't go away
  • Does more damage
  • Bigger Hitbox that circulates in and out
  • Shorter Duration acts as a double edged sword: On one hand it sucks that your weapon onstage won't last as long, but if you get knocked offstage you'll get your UpB back quicker and not gimp yourself.
Yeah the downside of slower startup sucks and the shorter distance fired is a bit of a letdown, but overall I find Plant to be more rewarding and I feel like I actually get more mileage out of it. The only thing I personally miss from Leaf is Crash Bomb x Leaf Shield + Item Metal Blade + Charge Shot, which does a lot of shield damage. Whether you choose Leaf Shield or Plant Barrier, I don't think it affects the outcome of a battle all that much and that its mostly preference-based. I think Leaf is better for the Neutral, Plant is better for when you're at an advantaged position. They're both a bad idea for a disadvantaged position and in my experience, I've usually got better options than both of them in said position.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
yep, i agree about plant shield being used in an advantageous position. you get punished alot if you try to activate it when your opp can just dash att you, or is up close to fair you

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
I find Plant Barrier more useful in my experience.
  • Petals don't go away
  • Does more damage
  • Bigger Hitbox that circulates in and out
  • Shorter Duration acts as a double edged sword: On one hand it sucks that your weapon onstage won't last as long, but if you get knocked offstage you'll get your UpB back quicker and not gimp yourself.
Yeah the downside of slower startup sucks and the shorter distance fired is a bit of a letdown, but overall I find Plant to be more rewarding and I feel like I actually get more mileage out of it. The only thing I personally miss from Leaf is Crash Bomb x Leaf Shield + Item Metal Blade + Charge Shot, which does a lot of shield damage. Whether you choose Leaf Shield or Plant Barrier, I don't think it affects the outcome of a battle all that much and that its mostly preference-based. I think Leaf is better for the Neutral, Plant is better for when you're at an advantaged position. They're both a bad idea for a disadvantaged position and in my experience, I've usually got better options than both of them in said position.
I think Leaf Shield is actually quite handy in disadvantage. It's one of my go-to options for avoiding juggles and landing traps.

Because the Leaf Shield activation can be b-reversed or wave bounced, you can use it to get out of tumble frames while quickly shifting your hurtboxes forward or backwards. By the time you land on the stage the Leaf Shield hitboxes will be up and will stop many landing traps. (Plant Barrier's startup is too slow for this in my experience.) While this isn't always the best way to get out of tumble frames, it gives us a handy option that other characters don't really have.

It's also pretty useful when recovering to the stage. One of my favorite things to do is Rush/Beat to recover high, double jump past the ledge, then b-reverse Leaf Shield activation back toward the ledge. Once you get the timing down, you can grab the ledge just after Leaf Shield comes online, then roll from ledge to "attack" with the leaf hitboxes. You can also time it so that the Leaf Shield activation shortens or cancels your UpB landing lag. Again, I think this is all harder to do using Plant Barrier because of its slower startup.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Didn't know about the ledge thing, will definitely remember that and try it next time. Still prefer Plant Barrier though, but that's just me.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Like plant barrier over LS. Who actually throws their down B anyways?

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I do in order to fight projectile spam. Leaf Shield out prioritizes most projectiles but Samus's charge shot. (for example) I know you can use the Mega Buster, but that sometimes gets outprioritized rather than clash. Its hitbox is also wide and has more hitstun than a item tossed metal blade so its more likely to sweep players off their feet. this is useful IMO to fight turnip gimps or thirst edge guarders.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
And now it gets thrown faster than before since the last patch so you can easily short hop throw it. That covers a large area.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Plus, Crash Bomb x Leaf Shield + Item Metal Blade + Fsmash does a lot of shield damage if you keep the default set. I still prefer PB, but Projectile Leaf Shield definitely has its uses. Just sayin'.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
I like to use Danger Wrap, Tornado Hold, Plant Barrier and occasionally Ice Slasher (gives stage control, opens up kanding traps and Air Shooter Juggles, and actually does shield damage and knockback unlike the other two sidebs). Honestly, none of Mega Man's customs are drastically better than the others, they're all either MU-dependent or preference-based and pretty much all of them are debatable. As popular as it is, even Danger Wrap is debatable, it isn't even a straight upgrade to the other two sidebs.
  • You lose a great mindgame tool from Crash Bomber
  • You sacrifice possible stage control from Ice Slasher
  • Can't do a thing to shields and just bounces off one. Crash Bomber can 'splode on shields from the inside, Ice Slasher actually does shield damage on its own.
  • It still has the problem of getting out-prioritized by like everything
  • Terrible weapon in Mega Man 7, plus Burst Man sucks :troll:
I have a table about the lag on the b moves (which one you can react faster) and it goes like this:
Faster > Mid > Slowest
Metal Blade >> Shadow Blade > Hyper Bomb
Danger Wrap = Crash Bomb >> Ice Slasher
Rush Coil > Tornado Hold > Beat
Skull Barrier =? Leaf Shield >> Plant Barrier
I put leaf shield =? because Skull barrier seems faster at dissapearing, but when you throw them both have the same startup frames.
I'm sorry but Plant barrier, Hyper Bomb and Ice Slasher have very very slow First active frame(shielding) and I'm only using ice slasher against g&w in tournys. Even with that I'm thinking on going danger wrap sometimes because IF you know what you are doing, they can't bucket the explosion, specially if you combine it with the bair.

The heck? Have you ever played against a good diddy and sheik? those characters that rush you like a mad man and go for a punish when you try to release your plant barrier/leafshield? a smart player knows that you are slow when you have plant barrier or leaf shield active, they can easily run away from you because mega man is slow and you can only go for item toss or a grab. The moment your shield drops they will go for a punish so when they run away you can catch them with the leaf shield and beat a lot of proyectiles. Not throwing leaf shield is a big mistake, specially with the new short hop ability.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Also leaf shield is the farthest projectile you can throw. Not taking advantage of it for at least a game is a mistake.

I have a table about the lag on the b moves (which one you can react faster) and it goes like this:
Faster > Mid > Slowest
I put leaf shield =? because Skull barrier seems faster at dissapearing, but when you throw them both have the same startup frames.
I'm sorry but Plant barrier, Hyper Bomb and Ice Slasher have very very slow First active frame(shielding) and I'm only using ice slasher against g&w in tournys. Even with that I'm thinking on going danger wrap sometimes because IF you know what you are doing, they can't bucket the explosion, specially if you combine it with the bair.

The heck? Have you ever played against a good diddy and sheik? those characters that rush you like a mad man and go for a punish when you try to release your plant barrier/leafshield? a smart player knows that you are slow when you have plant barrier or leaf shield active, they can easily run away from you because mega man is slow and you can only go for item toss or a grab. The moment your shield drops they will go for a punish so when they run away you can catch them with the leaf shield and beat a lot of proyectiles. Not throwing leaf shield is a big mistake, specially with the new short hop ability.
Can't they already not bucket that already? It explodes on contact so absorbs get nothing from it. As I'd expect the wrap to behave would be similar to Samus's missiles and missiles cannot be absorbed, only the explosion does IIRC.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Faster > Mid > Slowest
I'm sorry but Plant barrier, Hyper Bomb and Ice Slasher have very very slow First active frame(shielding) and I'm only using ice slasher against g&w in tournys. Even with that I'm thinking on going danger wrap sometimes because IF you know what you are
upload_2015-5-8_13-19-36.png

Darn it if this gif isn't working, but anyhoo: Already explained Plant Barrier and didn't say a thing about Hyper Bomb, so I'm not gonna talk about that. Danger Wrap has slow activation too, so moot point. In fact, both its endlag and startup are about the same as Ice Slasher's and Crash Bomber actually outspeeds both moves. When retreating from opponents while using lemons, you might be escaping from your opponents but you lose the positional battle and you are chased all the way to the ledge, you lose stage control and then your movement options become far more limited. Ice Slasher's utility is that it launches opponents upwards while frozen if hit, and you can still easily spam it while retreating with just as much range as the lemons. freezing with it gives back the stage control you lost from your retreating and keep the rest of your options, being a useful move for when you are in a bind. Crash Bomber is also useful for when you're in a bind since it forces reactions, but it does not do any knockback until it explodes and does not grant an instant reward. Crash Bomber forces your opponent to react with punish if it hits, but Ice Slasher does not give your opponent an option an at all: if they get hit they're just gonna freeze and be launched up (which also opens up possible Uair juggles), and all they can do is just mash out of it. And even though Danger Wrap can deal with Aerial Approaches to an extent, it doesn't provide the stage control Ice Slasher has and it still gets out-prioritized by EVERYTHING. Sometimes all the opponent has to do is just smack it to make it go away and they are still able to approach. Even is G&W can't bucket it, he can still just beat it outright. Not to say that its a bad move or diminish its value, but Ice Slasher definitely still has things going for it over the other two SideB options.

You dislike these moves and won't use them i your tourneys? That's cool with me, do what you want. But I'm using what I like anyway.

EDIT: gif works like this http://i.imgur.com/0KmAdSl.gif

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
And doesn't Crash Bomb fire faster than Danger Wrap? You just don't get the instant benefit of the explosion.

Last edited:

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 50806
Darn it if this gif isn't working, but anyhoo: Already explained Plant Barrier and didn't say a thing about Hyper Bomb, so I'm not gonna talk about that. Danger Wrap has slow activation too, so moot point. In fact, both its endlag and startup are about the same as Ice Slasher's and Crash Bomber actually outspeeds both moves. When retreating from opponents while using lemons, you might be escaping from your opponents but you lose the positional battle and you are chased all the way to the ledge, you lose stage control and then your movement options become far more limited. Ice Slasher's utility is that it launches opponents upwards while frozen if hit, and you can still easily spam it while retreating with just as much range as the lemons. freezing with it gives back the stage control you lost from your retreating and keep the rest of your options, being a useful move for when you are in a bind. Crash Bomber is also useful for when you're in a bind since it forces reactions, but it does not do any knockback until it explodes and does not grant an instant reward. Crash Bomber forces your opponent to react with punish if it hits, but Ice Slasher does not give your opponent an option an at all: if they get hit they're just gonna freeze and be launched up (which also opens up possible Uair juggles), and all they can do is just mash out of it. And even though Danger Wrap can deal with Aerial Approaches to an extent, it doesn't provide the stage control Ice Slasher has and it still gets out-prioritized by EVERYTHING. Sometimes all the opponent has to do is just smack it to make it go away and they are still able to approach. Even is G&W can't bucket it, he can still just beat it outright. Not to say that its a bad move or diminish its value, but Ice Slasher definitely still has things going for it over the other two SideB options.

You dislike these moves and won't use them i your tourneys? That's cool with me, do what you want. But I'm using what I like anyway.

EDIT: gif works like this http://i.imgur.com/0KmAdSl.gif
excuse me what? no, just no no no. If you throw an ice slasher and a danger wrap at the same time, you can shield with danger wrap before than ice slasher. Dude, have you ever done the research of the b moves? it is 100% confirmed, just go and test it by yourself. Crash bomb and danger wrap are the same but ice slasher is slower and Im not interested in a move that you can't react fast after using it.

Edit: Do you really people haven't tested the reaction time after you release the move? you can shield at the same speed with crash bomb and danger wrap after using it (they are the same in terms of speed) but ice slasher is slower. Who cares about who travels faster? what matters is the speed after using it in order to be safe. Ice slasher is punishible as heck and if you don't think that then go and use it agains't a good player and see how he reacts faster after shielding it than you.

Edit2: Go and win a tourny with ice slasher then :), also your beloved plant barrier won't ever work against a good
Edit3: I'm gonna upload a video just to see your face when you see how the start up from all three weapons is the same but ice slasher has way more end lag :D, sorry but in terms of which move is faster nobody can surpass my research. I hope no one comes here and say crash bomb is faster bla bla bla when danger wrap has clearly the exact same start up lag and end lag from crash bomb.
And doesn't Crash Bomb fire faster than Danger Wrap? You just don't get the instant benefit of the explosion.
Same speed for releasing it for the three weapons, what matters is the reaction time you have after using the weapons. Crash bomb and danger wrap are the same exactly, tested with one controller plugged to two wii us. Ice slasher has more end lag 100% confirmed anyone who think otherwise is just making assumptions and not testing the moves properly.

Ice Slasher is not slow anymore.
Ice slasher has more end lag than the other two weapons. All three weapons have the same startup lag but the end lag for ice slasher is slower. Crash bomb and danger wrap are identical.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
^ If you're worried about optimal speed, you are playing the wrong character. Mega Man's kit balances range, speed, power, coverage, and miscellaneous properties for a reason. He does not have a "best frame option" like many other characters. You are supposed to adapt to your opponent and use the best tool for the job. Sometimes that means using Ice Slasher, unless you like getting kicked in the face after Shiek swats your Danger Wrap away.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
^ If you're worried about optimal speed, you are playing the wrong character. Mega Man's kit balances range, speed, power, coverage, and miscellaneous properties for a reason. He does not have a "best frame option" like many other characters. You are supposed to adapt to your opponent and use the best tool for the job. Sometimes that means using Ice Slasher, unless you like getting kicked in the face after Shiek swats your Danger Wrap away.
If only we could change customs mid-battle like in the Megaman games. Then Ice Slasher would have a shot.
As it is though, Uair is interesting with Danger Wrap to attack above. Megaman has good enough coverage on the mid/low recoveries, so high recovery measures are crucial. Danger Wrap forces the foes hand, which can lead to free punishes, even if Sheik can hit the Bomb away.

Speaking of hearsay, link your sources. I'm not believing anything said about Danger Wrap or Ice Slasher unless I see the proof. This goes for both of you, because goodness knows this will end with you hate-kissing each other.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
^ LOL "link my sources"? Sure, let me just find that MIT study on Ice Slasher vs Danger Wrap...

Crash Bomb and Danger Wrap can be swatted. Ice Slasher cannot. What part of "use this when fighting someone an opponent who is very fast, loves to apply pressure on the ground, or swats explosives" don't you understand? Speaking of hearsay, what Shieks have you fought with customs? I've fought ChuDat. I also thought DW would be great against Shiek, but guess what? It's useless. He just kicked through it every time, except on the occasional trade with whatever variation of Bouncing Fish he was carrying (and that trade ended my set). There are no frame traps with uAir and DW if your opponent has any sort of speed, and even against opponents that can be trapped (Bowser, etc), it's not worth giving up all that horizontal zoning. You need SPACE against some of the rushdown characters, and short hopped pellets only work until your back is against the wall. Ice Slasher does the best job of creating space out of all Mega's specials.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Danger Wrap caused him to attempt to attack it, though, correct? You can shield after DW and do Grab OoS to null his aerial. If we use Ice Slasher, it has more endlag, meaning if Sheik jumps over it/DownB's over it we have even less time to react to it. if you want to use Ice SLasher then fine, but don't get mad at us if you fail to win against Sheik with it or when the TO tells you you can't use it since there are no sets with Ice Slasher

Not to mention you should try to punish someone getting close. Don't we have Dtilt or Utilt to knock away the foe's approaches?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I can see you are nothing but theorycraft. Come back after you've played some actual games.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I can see you are nothing but theorycraft. Come back after you've played some actual games.
I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I feel like we're really lacking in videos showcasing the use of Ice Slasher (and Hyper Bomb, and to a lesser extent Beat) in reasonably competitive play.

I have had a hard time using Ice Slasher whenever I've tried using it, but I haven't tried it that many times since I don't have a lot of people to play customs against. I'm not the greatest though, so I'd love to see someone using those moves effectively so I could learn from it.

At any rate, it's definitely true that Ice Slasher is not as obviously good as DW and CB (as evidenced by the fact that so many people think it's bad). Videos and tournament results will change minds much faster than more text.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
lets face it. most likely everyone in this thread is theory crafting. as the poster said above, we need videos

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Ice Slasher is not slow anymore.
Amazing how many times people say that to me yet their megaman usually sucks at tournys while mine at least manage to get top between top 3-5 when every single player in my country go. Let's see your skill shall we? then we can talk. If you can't win a tourny, then you are the one playing the wrong character don't you think? Also, wanna try your stupid ice slasher set against one of my team mates in chile who uses sheik? he is ranked 2 in my country, let's see what you can do against a real sheik shall we? Actually, I bet you can't even get a set from him.
Also, isn't it funny that there is no single video of someone doing good in a tourny with ice slasher? Crash bomb is something, but pls show me footage of actual torunament matchups instead of talking stupidity to back it off.
Also, you don't care about the speed of your side b? It will be funny to see how many punishes you eat against my crew every time you try to use ice slasher.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Alright guys, enough with the pissing contest already.

TBH, I don't find any of Mega Man's Side B options all that great, and don't really use them often except in very specific cases (e.g. Crash Bomber vs. Rosalina and Villager). All three are a little too slow and punishable for my tastes.

I like Danger Wrap the best because it had good synergy with Tornado Hold and can be effective for forcing reactions when edgeguarding and juggling. Even then, though, uair and Metal Blade are often better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom