• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Evolution Possibilities

number1029

Smash Rookie
NNID
number1029
I thought Mega Lucario would be the form he took in this game if he made the cut, but it appears that the devs just wanted to port him over. I guess Mega Lucario wasn't a big deal in the anime? For the record, I hate that the anime is the largest point of reference for the Pokemon characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought Mega Lucario would be the form he took in this game if he made the cut, but it appears that the devs just wanted to port him over. I guess Mega Lucario wasn't a big deal in the anime? For the record, I hate that the anime is the largest point of reference for the Pokemon characters.
I am not entirely sure about the anime, but Mega Lucario was a big deal in the game, I doubt they would just dismiss the relevance Lucario is ascribed in association with Mega Evolution. That being said, I think Mega Blaziken is bigger in the anime, I saw the first episode. :awesome:

number1029

Smash Rookie
NNID
number1029
I am not entirely sure about the anime, but Mega Lucario was a big deal in the game, I doubt they would just dismiss the relevance Lucario is ascribed in association with Mega Evolution. That being said, I think Mega Blaziken is bigger in the anime, I saw the first episode. :awesome:
I'm calling it being limited to a final smash. Which is lame considering how cool Mega Lucario was in X/Y.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm calling it being limited to a final smash. Which is lame considering how cool Mega Lucario was in X/Y.
Well it's a temporary transformation so it would be weird to have as the actual character, final smash makes most sense for it

number1029

Smash Rookie
NNID
number1029
Well it's a temporary transformation so it would be weird to have as the actual character, final smash makes most sense for it
That's a valid point, but having Lucario in mega form better represents the current gen of Pokemon. Plus Lucario's current design makes no sense anyway.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
That's a valid point, but having Lucario in mega form better represents the current gen of Pokemon. Plus Lucario's current design makes no sense anyway.
Well his current design is still more iconic either way plus as I said before it makes more sense as a final smash and since his in brawl was so meh and was just pulled out of nowhere with no basis other than aura something from the games like his mega makes way more sense

number1029

Smash Rookie
NNID
number1029
Well his current design is still more iconic either way plus as I said before it makes more sense as a final smash and since his in brawl was so meh and was just pulled out of nowhere with no basis other than aura something from the games like his mega makes way more sense
I thought his entire brawl design was meh but I doubt they'll change him much. Whoever designed his move set must have thought he was a psychic type. He was so floaty and slow.

Gune

Smash Lord
I thought his entire brawl design was meh but I doubt they'll change him much. Whoever designed his move set must have thought he was a psychic type. He was so floaty and slow.
He doesent even remotely fight like a psychic type he's using martial arts and to be honest he is not even that slow.

number1029

Smash Rookie
NNID
number1029
He doesent even remotely fight like a psychic type he's using martial arts and to be honest he is not even that slow.
Lol so his smash attacks, neutral air, down air, and side tilt are some form of martial arts? He has a few kicking attacks but every character with legs has a few kicking attacks. Also, Lucario has the 7th slowest falling speed out of 39 characters. So he is pretty floaty and slow for a steel type pokemon that has a pretty decent speed in the games.

Gune

Smash Lord
Lol so his smash attacks, neutral air, down air, and side tilt are some form of martial arts? He has a few kicking attacks but every character with legs has a few kicking attacks. Also, Lucario has the 7th slowest falling speed out of 39 characters. So he is pretty floaty and slow for a steel type pokemon that has a pretty decent speed in the games.
Martial arts don't just consist of kicks there is stance's punches or in his case open palm strikes so yes his side tilt is a form of that his nair and fair are kindoff random with him just blasting aura around which makes some since sakurai said Lucario developed his own style of martial arts, His speed is not that big of a problem he is pretty floaty but he only weighs 119lbs so it does make sense regardless of his steel typing, his moving speed being about as fast as falco while dashing that is kind off slow though some of his moves come out fairly quick at least his air attacks do so I guess in a way it compensates.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In my opinion, this is no longer about Lucario having relevancy in the 6th generation. Sakurai stated that he got in by a dime, which would infer that he could of been cut easily, but they chose not to (for what reason I don't remember). Which tells me the character roster may be bigger than before because of his slim entry. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this entirely.

Either way, if they decide not to have M.E. Lucario appear, there's a plausible explanation of it.

Gune

Smash Lord
In my opinion, this is no longer about Lucario having relevancy in the 6th generation. Sakurai stated that he got in by a dime, which would infer that he could of been cut easily, but they chose not to (for what reason I don't remember). Which tells me the character roster may be bigger than before because of his slim entry. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this entirely.
He was talking about lucarios inclusion in brawl that's why he was revealed for the anniversary as a symbol of how hard they worked in brawl. So his relevancy was still a part of it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
He was talking about lucarios inclusion in brawl that's why he was revealed for the anniversary as a symbol of how hard they worked in brawl. So his relevancy was still a part of it.
Oh wow, I misread that entire miiverse post. Okay, nevermind, my bad.

Yeah, in that case, M.E. Lucario should most likely be present. I'm hoping as an alt. costume.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
This is stupid speculation on my end, but maybe his Mega Evolution could be a part of his character customization. To my knowledge, Sakurai has not revealed anything about what the customization is about, and, since he isn't interested in competitive play, the customization could lend itself to interesting situations, and there could even be custom settings for each character. In the case of Lucario, his customization would be his held item, like from the Pokemon games. Among other things, one of the items could be Lucarionite to change his FS into MEvolving, for example. A system like this could help fix Mewtwo's Final Smash problem, but again, I'm just speculating for the sake of it. Make of it what you will.

Top Bottom