• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meeting Nice People On FG

Did you play any nice people on FG before?

• Total voters

puffypalutena

Smash Cadet
NNID
PuffyPalutena
3DS FC
1736-0501-7736
I just played a very pleasant person so I decided to share it. He was really good. He played a lot of characters and he owned me for a few times (I was playing my fun characters e.g Rosalina and Robin). Then during a match, I SD'd and he jumped of the ledge. I thought that was very nice of him. Then, we had more matches and we would help each other. Doing friendly taunts at each other. Then I had to go :(. I remember his name being J-(Something)-Love. It was on the 3DS so we couldn't add each other :( . If you are here, please contact me!! Did this happened to any of you? Share with me!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I met a guy name, as I recall, Roy. I was practicing Ganondorf at the time and getting beaten down hard every match we played. I eventually changed my tag to "WOWISUCK! >w<;;" to demonstrate that I was well aware of my flaws and wasn't upset by it.

His response was "KEEPTRYING", and after playing another few matches, he purposely SD'd twice and then changed his tag to "YOUWON :)". Put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Contrary to popular belief, there are nice people on For Glory. I've fought quite a few who used tags like "whoops!" or the like when they mess up, and of course "GGs" when they're done. Also, people who taunt when they want to acknowledge something cool happened. They usually brighten up my day a little bit.

And then I fight some salty kid who says "usuck" after getting rekt and the magic goes away.

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I actually made more friends than enemys on FG.
I met this really great person and we basically became Miiverse buddys.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Yes, so I destroy them and then call them names to give them a bitter experience so they will no longer be nice players and will do the same.

Soon the For Glory player pool will be poisoned with my putrid personal pokes.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I just ran into a nice Japanese person who stayed ( !! ) for a match. He accidentally SD'd early on so I did too just to be polite. Before he left he changed his tags to 'THANKYOU' and 'GOODBAY' haha d'aww. It was really cute xD

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I have actually met a lot of nice 3DS players. Unfortunately, there was no way to friend them, so it was a bit sad when I had to leave the match. :crying:

I really wish there was a way to add players on the 3DS version...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have fought a couple of friendly faces here and there. In fact, I've made some new friends as a result of this. One good example is this Peach user...I don't remember what his name is...whom I've beaten countless times. At one point he changed his tag to "Hi" (I didn't have a tag to respond to him, unfortunately), ":(" to express his disappointment (I do feel for him though) and lastly "LOLTOOGOOD" (not really, though). After he left and I finished the game, I went to my Miiverse account and I found out that same person sent me a friend request and...I accepted it. He wasn't too bad himself and it's a great thing he was able to keep things fresh.

So you see, this is how everyone in For Glory is supposed to be. I mean, I'm a nice guy myself. I ain't one of those jackasses who spills their salt on the table and have bad karma. If I end up meeting one of y'all at some point, expect the tags "GGs!", "Thanks!:)" and "Respect" from me to show I got love for my fellow Smashers, cuz that's how I eat around here.

Last edited:

pixelatedcody

Pixelated Inkling
NNID
cncody
If someone taunts me in the beginning, I Immediately take it as an act of "Let's be awesome, and have a great time." or if they GG after a match.

I always make sure to do GGs, and I always love hype matches, so if I die I usually come back, taunt. wait for them to taunt (usually people do.) and then we go back into it.

Its alot of fun, a shame most of the FG people aren't like this. I've yet to run into one person on Smashboards :c

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's bit difficult for me to really think who's nice in FG or who is not. I've met a lot people who said "GG" when they would win me, and then don't say it when I win them. Took that thing as prick gamers' favorite statement to show "how good they are".

Also I can't really take it positively that I'm taunted at (twice) during the start of a match (perhaps because it comes off as boasting to me)

Yesterday I had already met someone who kept throwing degatory terms when I lost, even if I trashed him right after (but I was being tired so I didn't do well all the time).

But IDK man, it's difficult for me to really find anyone nice in FG and I'm bit used to people using things as to boast themselves needlessly- so it's really great to read these little stories.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
It looks like I'm the only one, but I honestly can't say I have. People aren't usually a straight up jerk to me, but I haven't gotten any nice messages from anybody. It's likely because a large number of people I play are Japanese, so I wouldn't be able to tell even if they did send me something friendly.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Hardly ever met anyone online that's nice here on the 3DS.

But occasionally I will meet with people who will SD themselves if I ever fail to recover because of some reason (lag, wrong button input, etc.)

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
Only once. He was decent. But he said GG in his tag when he had to leave....

Other than that, I've hated every other person I've encountered on FG

puffypalutena

Smash Cadet
NNID
PuffyPalutena
3DS FC
1736-0501-7736
Nice to hear so many different experiences. I've been noticing that more and more people in FG are nice. At first, I played this horrible spammer who taunted like crazy (Link player). He accidentally SD'd so I SD'd too. After that, he started playing legitmately and was actually pretty good. He was also pretty nice afterward. Sad that it was the 3DS and I couldn't add him :(

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Quite a few times,Most of the peeps on my friends list are from for glory.

saying ggs and complimenting them after every match can make a difference after all.

AJDOH

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3866-8495-8989
I've met some cool people on FG. It makes me sad because when I press their profile, I dont see any information. And what's worse, if you don't do it fast enough, it looks like you're saving a replay which is pretty disrespectful. For those who dont know, if you press someone's name in the results screen on 3DS, you can see their profile.
In my profile, I have my SmashBoards name. Someone actually messaged me before XD. I'm going to change my Mii Name to AJDOH so it's a little easier, as it's only AJ right now.
I actually found Kytos through FG, [not through profile] because I thought that's more like a username than a real name.

Last edited:
Top Bottom