• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MechaCannon: A different type of playstyle

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I've been examining BJ over here, and I discovered a very interesting strategy that leaves your foe almost helpless to your attacks. As the name implies, it heavily revolves around two attacks: Mechakoopa and Cannon.
Bowser Jr. is a very strange character with his unusual gimicks and attacks. All of his attacks can be made useful, but thi sset takes advantage of these two moves.

Begin a battle by jumping high into the air. This keeps you safe from attacks, and you can still perform specials. Using your Bdown, activate a mechakoopa that will fall and begin to run around. Next, begin charging the Koopa Cannon. Now, extremely expirienced foes can counter this, but the average for glory-er will be preoccupied with either the cannon or the mechakoopa.

Now, say they try to get close whil eyou charge the cannon? Fire it at point blank, they'll get sent flying, and they might fall right into Mechakoopa for insult to injury. Or, say they pick up your Mechakoopa and throw it at you. This will leave them open to attacks. Fire the koopa cannon and try to dodge the Mechakoopa. You can afford to take damage, but it's always good to be at a lower percentage than your foe.

Now, koopa cannon and Mechakoopa are good moves, but they don't have killing smash power. Thus, you need a killing move when you rack up damage. This is when Smash attacks come in. When you feel you can KO a foe with a Smash, stop what you're doing an dchange your playstyle to a full-on assau,t. This will confuse your foe, and they might accidently jump right into those drills or fall into your propeller. This is how you KO the foe.

Hopefully you guys like this strategy. If you have any improvements, go ahead and tell me!

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Quick question:
How does jumping high in the air and doing two very laggy moves keep you safe?
Quick answer:
It doesn't

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I agree that Mecha Koopa + Cannon can be very good to use together, but i tend to release the koopa from the edge of the stage followed with a short hop + uncharged cannon shot and an assault of either running or driving in.

You will need some room to breathe, though, and this is not a go-to strategy. more like mid-game annoyance/pressure.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I agree that Mecha Koopa + Cannon can be very good to use together, but i tend to release the koopa from the edge of the stage followed with a short hop + uncharged cannon shot and an assault of either running or driving in.

You will need some room to breathe, though, and this is not a go-to strategy. more like mid-game annoyance/pressure.
That'll prob work better, but I find as a player that, with a clear head (like at the start of a match), this style can be easily punished. Definitely not a go-to.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I get your point, and I admit, it isn't the best strategy, but I have personally found this method an effective way to rack up damage.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Overreliance on the cannon, clown kart, and using mechakoopa to just let it roam the stage -- these things are keeping Bowser Jr's meta from developing. These are very easy things to deal with in the higher levels on play, and Bowser Jr needs much more community development before he can shine.

Top Bottom