• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

me vs percon(kirby) Kirby advice wanted

pastaboy

Smash Champion
the reason why im posting this isnt not for critque, it is also not to point out my stupid mistakes which, i make ALOT of, but thats not why im posting it for. What it is, is im kinda jumping the gun on the character match up thread and asking what is some good advice to face kirby. what werks what doesnt werk, etc
here is just a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAAcu2Pm94s beware the opponent is extemly good/sexy. NL can back me up on that one.
edit: also it starts off good then as soon as i *** up, i get rocked, thats the thing when fight kirby(or proly just me) nvr let ur guard down :(

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
THe opponent may be good, but you are definitely better. Al you have to do is manage your banans better. There were so many times where you had empty glide tosses. And in the beginning you were grabbing all the time which helped you but in the middle when kirby was winning you stopped that. This really shows that diddy is a real momentum player.

And try so save your Fair since it has some start up lag/good ko move and the fact that bair has really good priority and comes out fast. Kirby is almost always in the air so Fair is your friend.

Lastly your peanut gun use was beautiful

ADHD

Smash Hero
Against characters that like to rely on their air game, diddy has a few tricks: Aerial monkey flips (works really well if you mix it up and make it unpredictable), peanut gun (which you did very well with), and the fair because of its low startup lag and range. As ridiculous as it sounds, save your utilt and KO kirby with it if you can because he's light and the utilt is not hard to land on him. Your fair is very valuable vs kirby and you should use it alot and I wouldn't save it for KO'ing him personally. You will win, but it takes a very long time and the match is very boring. So just monkey flilp kick in the air alot more against characters like kirby and don't rely so much on your bananas on the ground.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
ye woaw that is great advice, il have to work on that banana and flip kick stuff. if i miss flip kick it is punished easily with a deadly fsmash :(

Top Bottom