• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McCallisters of Alcoa's SSBB Tournament: Feb 7th & 14th (Alcoa / Knoxville Tennessee)

catfriedrice

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
Event Info/Host: McCallister's
Date: Saturday, February 7th, 2009
Time: 3:30pm - 6:30pm
465 Marilyn Lane, Alcoa TN Map

Description
McCallister's in Alcoa is hosting a Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament. All are invited to come along and participate.

Setup
5 minute Timed Matches
One on One Match
Double Elimination
No items
Final Destination Stage
Character must be picked at registration, No Change during contest

A door fee of $5 is required to play. This will be put into a pool and then after subtracting costs for tvs/electricity/etc., the prize money will be decided from the rest for those who place 1st-3rd.

It is strictly BYOC, so bring whichever controller you wish to play on (Wiimote/Gamecube/Classic).

The tournament will be over 5 weeks (2 of which have already past). The first 4 will be normal tournament, winner takes the money. The top 4 of each week will be placed in the fifth week for the finals. The winner of the finals will win a Wii.

IF YOU ARE IN THE TOP FOUR!!!!!
You will not be able to play in the tournaments for the remainder of the 4 weeks until the finals. You will, however, be able to play on the side. There are Wii's set up along the sides for people to free for all play with any character before, during, and after the contest.

catfriedrice

Smash Journeyman
The first week was better than the second: There was about 25-30 first time, 20-25 second time.

EDIT: Let me update todays winners, and total official attendance was 33.

1st: Snake
2nd: Mr. Game & Watch
3rd: Lucas
4th: Meta Knight

5th: Wolf
6th: Olimar

Top 4 move on to the finals in 2 weeks. I missed 7th and 8th's winners (middle of game), but It was Fox Vs Either Snake or Link.

One more week to qualify.

Top Bottom