• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayflash Adapter Vs. Gamecube to Wii U Adapter

Knightish

Smash Rookie
NNID
Knightish
I would like to know the pros and cons of each of them by people who've used both of them. If I were to take an educated guess I would say that the official adapter would perform better, less lag due to being wired, official support, rumble, etc. But I only have the mayflash and want to know if it's really worth the switch.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
I'd assume there's some degree of input lag on the mayflash one, since you plug it into a wiimote and not the system itself. I don't know if this is present in the official adapter because mine hasn't arrived in the mail yet

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I haven't used both. I'm interested in finding out what people think about this, too.

Sojuman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sojuman
Does the mayflash adapter work well for the wii u? Is there input lag while playing smash 4?

D

Deleted member

I haven't tested with Smash U, but when I used the Mayflash for Brawl, my start button did not work. I'm not sure how much input delay exists with the Mayflash, but the official one feels more responsive. If you're going to use the GameCube controller, I'd recommend the official adapter. unless you can't find it and you desperately need the gamecube controller

Last edited by a moderator:

Knightish

Smash Rookie
NNID
Knightish
I haven't tested with Smash U, but when I used the Mayflash for Brawl, my start button did not work. I'm not sure how much input delay exists with the Mayflash, but the official one feels more responsive. If you're going to use the GameCube controller, I'd recommend the official adapter. unless you can't find it and you desperately need the gamecube controller
The start button is weird double tap it for + tap it once for - and hold it down for home.

Top Bottom