• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maybe it's just me, but...

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
After reading BringerofDeath's guide to Yoshi, I notice that I seem to be having a decent mix of offense and defense, although there's a much greater focus on my offensive game with Yoshi(mostly rushing in to bait the enemy to whiff an attack or djc attacks).

Is this a very bad mistake I am making here or is this not pure offense?

My other question(which might be stupid) is that I really don't see the usefulness of dashdancing yet, let alone with Yoshi. Is there really any purpose to doing it aside from showing off?

Pekkle

Smash Rookie
You should balance your offensive/defensive game and know in which matchups to favor which one (i.e. against Marth you'd be more defensive). If you bait your opponent, know that they might not always fall for it, especially once they catch on.
I don't think theres really a pure offense, since you always need some defense to land that first hit.

Dashdancing, well, I don't think it does all that much besides fake out your opponent...mindgames :D
Take:
If you're recovering and see your opponent rapidly moving around near the edge, wouldn't that throw you off more than if your opponent was just standing there?
Plus, if you can dashdance and they can't, then =P

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dash dancing. Useful for dodging around a long range attack and dash grabbing someone. Useful for dashing around a shorter ranged attack and dash attacking ... maybe if its your best option there. Its useful for pivotting, although most people rarely pivot.

One thing a lot of people don't realise, is that if you wavedash backwards, you can't immediately dash forwards again to grab because the wavedash momentum screws up spacing (at least it screws up mine). What I have noticed is that if you wavedash backwards, then dash dance away and then towards the opponent, you don't get that problem.

Something to think about, from Smarter Than Smoking.

... You'll only get that if you're Australian.

Top Bottom