• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maybe a good arrow/mirror shield technique

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I don't think this could be used too much, it can only be used with other Pit players & maybe Fox & Zelda but if you pull it off this may be deadly.
I'm sure some of y'all have tested to see what happens when you have two Pits, you shoot an arrow, one holds the mirror shield, after the arrow hits the shield the Pit that shot the arrow puts their shield down & the arrow goes back and forth about 5 or 6 times and usually dissappears, but if it hits it can kill at around 30% or less.
Well I was playing Admiral Bowser this morning and I completely charged up an arrow on one side of FD while he was on the other side, he had his MS out and once the arrow hit his shield I put mine out. So it went back & forth about 5 times but instead of dissapearing it hit through his shield the last time because I completely charged the arrow and he died at 44%.
Well a couple matches later we were just messing around and I tried testing it out again. I charged it up and it went back & forth a few times and dissappeared at his MS. Once more I tried it but this time it broke through his shield and killed him (With the arrow charged completely). I did this one more time if I remember right. Unless I'm wrong (Please correct me if I'm wrong Adm. Bowser) but every time I completely charged up the arrow the arrow never hit me or even stopped at my shield so I don't think there's a risk in doing this.
Of course though this'll have to take further testing to see exactly when it stops.
Most good Pits usually aren't gonna fall for this but it's worth a shot.
The best time to pull this off IMO is at the beginning of a match. Some Pit players automatically take out their MS at the beggining of the match & that's the perfect time to do it.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't seen anything about it so far.

Sorry for any typos or punctuation errors, I wrote this whole thing from my wii.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
yh i tried that.
But it isnt handy because the other oppenent will dodge it.
I don't know about that. It takes skill to go from MS into a shield that fast, and if they do it'll probably break their shield, so a free smash attack for you!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was agitated in those matches... Ive already did this with other Pit players, like Rogue and Gambit, apparently im considering this thing random.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yes, I find the results random. Angel Ring has the same effects, but i dont think i found the "Arrow going through the shield and u without hurting u while pushing u back a bit" thing.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Well, I might do some tests. Wouldn't hurt to try to contribute to the Pit community :p
Plus if you do pull it off it has great results!

arm

Smash Apprentice
Last time I did this, it was Flaco and my Pit. We were just goofing off and started arrow volleying. Eventually, the reflectors powered up the arrows to do 60% damage and had the Knockback of a Dragoon. I think most reflectors can only handle 60% damage dealt from a single attack. In most reflectors cases, only projectiles are going to be blocked, and then only up to 60% (remember, damage and knockback increase for a projectile when reflected, like Marth or Ikes counters). So when the projectile finally reached 60%, it will break a reflector and the user will be killed.

J4pu

Smash Champion
nothing to do with this thread really, but seeing the talk of mirrors and arrows made me think of something (that is probably common knowledge to Pit mains). If you loop your arrow around and into your own mirror shield, can you control its direction after that?
If youc could do this then you could get you arrows stronger without somebody else's help, altho granted hitting your own shield more than once or twice would be unlikely since your opponent would have to be ******** to just sit there and watch.

arm

Smash Apprentice
nothing to do with this thread really, but seeing the talk of mirrors and arrows made me think of something (that is probably common knowledge to Pit mains). If you loop your arrow around and into your own mirror shield, can you control its direction after that?
If youc could do this then you could get you arrows stronger without somebody else's help, altho granted hitting your own shield more than once or twice would be unlikely since your opponent would have to be ******** to just sit there and watch.
So what youre saying is that if MY arrow comes from behind me, passes through MY mirror shield, the shield will power it up? Just like if somone elses projectile were to hit the front of my shield it would be powered up? That doesnt seem like common knowledge or common sense to me.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Give me one good reason why it would be useless. Just one.
Simply because the opponent can either dodge or shield. And besides, I doubt anybody of a competitive level will fall for something as basic as this. Good heart and good intentions, and I respect.

I wouldn't say so. Since you're attempting this on your own, the arrow you shot should hypothetically pass through you just like the way Link's gale boomerang passes by him when returning at an angle.

Top Bottom