• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [May 9, 2015] Super Salem Smash Attack (Salem,... (Salem, Massachusetts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doeboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scottzar
At the very least I can bring an adapter, but I can probably bring a whole setup.

Exalt~

Smash Rookie
Hi I was thinking I might be able to go to this but I was wondering how many people are expected to show up? Also if I were only to do singles then should I still show up when the venue opens?
Thanks! And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
Hi I was thinking I might be able to go to this but I was wondering how many people are expected to show up? Also if I were only to do singles then should I still show up when the venue opens?
Thanks! And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I'll message you about the singles question. We've had 30+ players in the last 2 tournaments, so you could only imagine that this one would have more.

Last edited:

Conet

Smash Cadet
I'm very sorry to say this, but I will not be attending this event because of scheduling conflicts.

Last edited:

Myles5000

Smash Rookie
So if I were to attend for Smash 4 Singles, could I show up at 2:30-2:45 and still sign up? It's just that I don't want to take the commuter rail out to Salem and wait for hours before playing.

teckz

Smash Rookie
Do ppl really have to go in at 11 to sign up for singles if the singles bracket doesn't start until 3... that's a whole 4 hour difference.. Also, why exactly are the wii u pads prohibited. Mostly everyone uses GameCube controllers anyways. I ask bc a friend a mines wants to use his pad.

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
Yeah that's fine. Just do
So if I were to attend for Smash 4 Singles, could I show up at 2:30-2:45 and still sign up? It's just that I don't want to take the commuter rail out to Salem and wait for hours before playing.
Don't come past 2:50 and you should be fine, once brackets are finalized at 3/3:05, there's no more adding players.

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
Do ppl really have to go in at 11 to sign up for singles if the singles bracket doesn't start until 3... that's a whole 4 hour difference.. Also, why exactly are the wii u pads prohibited. Mostly everyone uses GameCube controllers anyways. I ask bc a friend a mines wants to use his pad.
There are other Wii U pad users other than your friend and we had a conflict before where both players refused to use another controller and had a tourney match to play but couldn't.. it's to prevent that. Sorry.

As for you other question, I will give you an answer very soon (later tonight)

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
You can sign up any time from 11-2:30. Brackets will close at 3 so if you come a few minutes late, you may be out of luck

Doeboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scottzar
I want to bring a set-up but I might not be able to arrive before 10:30. Is arriving around 11:30 okay?

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Yes they will run at the same time due to the low interest in it (as of now, this can change in the future). Also, please bring a setup if you can, we'd really appreciate it!
For this time, I'm actually not going to attend due to none of my friends who I would go with being able to go, and I would pretty much just be playing PM anyways, so with the low interest in it it probably wouldn't be worth it to go without my Smash 4 friend. I'll most likely be there for next time though, and I'll bring my setup :)

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
For this time, I'm actually not going to attend due to none of my friends who I would go with being able to go, and I would pretty much just be playing PM anyways, so with the low interest in it it probably wouldn't be worth it to go without my Smash 4 friend. I'll most likely be there for next time though, and I'll bring my setup :)
Sounds good. PM will be big at the next tourney (which is on the 18th)

teckz

Smash Rookie
I have everything but the gamecube adapter... can I still get a discount or yall looking for the whole set?

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
I have everything but the gamecube adapter... can I still get a discount or yall looking for the whole set?
Sorry man. The whole set :/. Hope you still bring the setup tho because it definitely helps the tournament go A LOT quicker. Please don't refrain from bringing it.

Conet

Smash Cadet
Tournament went great! Many very hype matches went down. Hope to see you all at the next tournament!

Last edited:

Conet

Smash Cadet
Just to get a rough picture of what the tourney is like, how many entrants were there for Smash 4 and PM?
Smash 4 was a good turnout with 35 entrants.

There was a March Madness going on in Framingham, so our PM count was only about 14.

The Yakamo X

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to do both the Smash 4 and PM tourney? I saw they were at the same time so I wasn't sure.

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
Interested in PM singles, what time should I come?
Hey there, you should come at 11 when the tourney sign ups start (unless you are bringing a setup which is highly encouraged, then come at 10). Pm singles are at 1pm, so you can just friendly until then. Also, we might just start a bit earlier than 1pm if we need to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom