• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [May 3, 2015] Smash Fight Club 2! Project M 1v1, Smash 4 1v1, 3v3, Amiibos! (Houston, Texas)

Krebs

Smash Journeyman

Welcome to Smash Fight Club! This is SFC2!

Beginning Sunday May 3rd, SFC 2 is going to be the beginning of the Sunday weekly tournament series for Cypress and Houston, Texas!

The Project M scene in Cypress has been dead ever since GFC has closed down, with this, we can see it's revival!

Smash 4 will have 3 events! And since its gonna be a weekly, they will be cheap to enter so nobody breaks the bank.

This event will be streamed by Team GreenSleeves! The venue has Wi-Fi so we will finally have a consistent tournament series with streaming!

The twitch account streaming the tournament is
http://www.twitch.tv/teamgreensleeves
Also, we will be looking to pick people for commentary! So in between matches, players can hop on the mics.

If you are gonna stay at home, feel free to tune in Sunday May 3rd!

VENUE:
Tournament Stars
A pool table venue that can double as a gaming venue with 9 projectors, tables, and everything we need.
We won't play off the projectors (obviously), but we are looking into splitters to utilize at least 1 for this tournament.

This first tournament with them will serve as an experiment of sorts, each event will only get better and better! But they are happy to have us.

Store Hours: 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Venue Capacity: 289
No outside food or drink allowed (besides water bottles)

Food and drinks are sold by the venue at a low rate. Also there is a gas station next to the venue, if you feel like walking over and getting something real quick while you don't have matches, it is fine. However, I suggest eating/drinking anything you get from there outside.

Schedule:

2:00 p.m. - Venue opens and Krebs + Team GreenSleeves begin setting up
3:00 p.m. - Smash 4 1v1, Amiibo event, and Project M 1v1 Registration begins
3:45 p.m. - Smash 4 1v1 Registration ends
4:00 p.m. - Smash 4 1v1 Tournament begins
5:00 p.m. - Amiibo event registration ends and the tournament begins
5:45 p.m. - Project M 1v1 Registration ends
6:00 p.m. - Project M 1v1 Tournament begins
7:00 p.m. - Smash 4 3v3 Registration begins
8:00 p.m. - Smash 4 3v3 Registration ends and the tournament begins

Venue closes at 2 a.m., the events will NOT run that long of course, but we are free to stay for friendlies until then.

Event Fees

$5 Venue fee
(waived for bringing a Wii U+Sm4sh+GC Adapter with everything (minus Mewtwo) needed unlocked)Wii U must be updated to current format
(waived for bringing a CRT+Wii with project M)
Also, I will be bringing 3 CRTs on top of my full setup,
so for some of you CRTs will not be needed for the waive

$5 Sm4sh 1v1
$5 Project M 1v1
$2 Per Team Member Sm4sh 3v3
$1 Per Amiibo for the Amiibo tourney (capped at 3 per person)

PAYOUT
(100% payout of event fees)

Project M 1v1 (Same as Smash 4)
16 entrants and less
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

17 entrants and up
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Smash 4 1v1 (Same as PM)
16 entrants and less
3rd: 15%

17 entrants and up
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Smash 4 3v3
7 teams and lower
Winner (winning team) take all

8 teams and up
1st: 80%
2nd: 20%

Smash 4 Amiibo tournament:
Winner take all, regardless of entrant number.

RULESETS

Project M 1v1 Ruleset (Same as city Standard/ Dojo PM ruleset)
* 4 stock, 8 minutes.

* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

* Giga Bowser is banned.

Stagelist:
Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion ("121" in Doubles):
  1. First player strikes one stage.
  2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
  3. First player strikes the next two stages.
  4. Second player strikes one stage.
  5. Players play on remaining stage
Starters (Bottom Middle 5)
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Dreamland
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
Counterpicks (Middle 5 stages)
  • Yoshi's Story Brawl
  • Wario Ware
  • Final Destination
  • Norfair
  • Fountain of Dreams

Smash 4 1v1 Ruleset/Stagelist

3 Stock 8 minutes
Customs banned

Same as SFC1 minus the top 8 stuff. Here it is:

Neutrals:

• BattleField
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
Counterpicks:

• Wuhu Island
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Skyloft
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Castle Siege
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Any omega stage (banning this also bans FD)
Stage Striking order:
1-2-pick for starters and TWO bans for the winner after that for every game

3 Stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pausing results in a stock loss, unless it is for the opposing player's controller malfunction.

Smash 4 3v3 ruleset/stagelist
Stage List
Starters:

• BattleField
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Any Omega Stage (The team picking this picks the version)
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
Counterpicks:

• Norfair
  • Big Battlefield
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Castle Siege
  • Duck Hunt
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Pyrosphere
  • Wii Fit Studio
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Stage Striking order:
Rock-paper-scissors for who bans and who picks
One team bans 3 stages from the neutrals, then the other team picks from the remaining 3.

After round 1, the winning team bans 3 stages, and the losing team counterpicks.

3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pause set to “Off”
Team Attack set to “On”

Life stealing is allowed.

Amiibo Tournament Ruleset
This event will be hosted by the community smasher Mawlerz, the same TO behind the Amiibo tournament at SFC1!
You simply leave your amiibo with the TO, and we run the bracket ourselves. Come back and check how your Amiibo does!
Amiibo tourney is 3 stock 8 mins. Best of 1.
This is a tourney for CUSTOM AND FED amiibos! Try to make your amiibo as insane as possible!
Winners and Losers finals are still best of 1,
Grand finals are best 2 out of 3.
Stages for the amiibos to fight on will be random Final Destination forms, unless both owners of the amiibos are there watching and gentleman agree to ANY other stage.

ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION
As always with my events, I will have the stage pick order printed out and available at every setup.

This tournament will be the first of many. We will host every available Sunday that we can.
SFC3 - May 17th (postponed due to Texas Showdown)
SFC4 - May 31st (postponed due to ComicPalooza)

After that, we are looking to host this tournament for you every Sunday during the Summer!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on Facebook
Also for more information regarding the Houston Project M and Smash 4 communities, refer to these groups.

Houston P:M (337 members strong as of 4/26/2015)

Houston Smash 4 (680 members strong as of 4/26/2015)

After this event, I will make a results page just like I have in the past for events like this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/cypr...-singles-9-teams-new-faces-and-mewtwo.400146/

Any and ALL feedback after this tournament will be taken into consideration and will serve to improve everyone's experience at future SFC events.

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Alright so for some reason spoilers are being difficult.
The rulesets are the third spoiler tag for each one.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
ALSO, I am usually available on here for any questions anyone may have.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I like the idea of a Houston weekly
I can't come out to this one but during the summer I'll try to come to as many as I can

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a Houston weekly
I can't come out to this one but during the summer I'll try to come to as many as I can
Great! Yeah the two events before summer will serve as experiments before turnout explodes the 31st.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Hmm, one on Sunday. I'll most likely be at this. I'll be in the area at NK's for the Insomnia tournament anyways. Gonna be fun.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Krebs! Require team names for 3v3! It is your duty as a TO to make me giggle at the puns and wordplay the teams will come up with every Sunday.

JAZ9030

Smash Rookie
What about Miis? Would I be able to use them? I know even with customs off you can still play as them. If not then that is okay, I just wanted to ask. Thank You.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
What about Miis? Would I be able to use them? I know even with customs off you can still play as them. If not then that is okay, I just wanted to ask. Thank You.
All 1111 miis are legal! In fact I encourage it. I wanna see more mii action in tourneys

Top Bottom